7th Cruise coming up and finally NOT leaving out of Galveston!

Scott_F

We thought about driving to New Orleans for the Triumph next March, because it goes to Roatan and Belize, two of our favorite ports. My mom ended up booking a family cruise on the Dream for next summer, and those ports are included, so it's back to Galveston we go!

We went to Roatan on the Voyager (from Galveston) this Spring. Next year we will be able to Roatan and Belieze on the Voyager (from Galveston). I think I sound like a broken record. I am very tired of Galveston but the ship will have to go somewhere special to make anywhere else worthwhile.

What did the channel from NOLA lok like? I would like to see it.

I hear ya! We just came back from our first non-Galveston embarkation and also have the Dream scheduled this summer. Unfortunately we didn't pick the date, so we'll still end up in Cozumel and Costa Maya. (Wah! Rough life, eh!?) :) They'll make good beach days though, so we can enjoy something 'different' in Roatan and Belize. (Although we did make it to Belize on our first Elation trip, years ago, we only did the city tour and won't make that mistake again...)

Embarkation and debarkation were VERY different in San Diego (way easier!) than they are in Galveston - so I am looking forward to seeing how FL compares in that area.

We've realized we don't really care where we go. It's more about being on the ship and relaxing than the ports.

That said, if there was something different at a time I could go, we would probably jump on it, but until then, HELLO Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel!:D

I am with you, will continue to cruise out of Galveston for convenience. Going to the same ports for the 4th time in October. Not to the point of being bored with them just yet.

Have fun Scott! Make sure you take lots of awesome pictures for your review!

with your location you are maybe 4 hrs from new orleans port. compare the prices for galveston & new orleans for the same cruise. we were regulars for galveston (live in la. but from port arthur) and we are seeing new orleans is always cheaper. also norweign now goes out of new orleans year round and they have 4 ports.

leaving in 3 weeks out of mobile.

I live in tx and cruise from galveston for the convenience. I've looked into the prices for cruising out of NOLA and while the actual cruise is a bit cheaper when adding in the hotel, parking and extra gas to get there it comes out costing more or at the least about the same as galveston. I would just prefer to continue to cruise out of galveston where I'm farmiliar with things and enjoy it.

I was on the Rahpsody out of Galveston to Key West!! LOVED IT!! :D

I wish we could do it again! We did it 3 times.

A woman on the Voyager last month said that she was going to Alaska. Not because she wanted to go there but because she wanted to be on the Rhapsody again.

We're shaking it up too! 5 times to the Mexican Riv., and now we're booked for the Western Carib. out of NOLA. Of course I'am excited, but a little out of my comfort zone too. LOL And from our little town, it's HOURS just to fly to N.O., and I hate to fly. I know I'll love this cruise though!

Archived