7th Cruise coming up and finally NOT leaving out of Galveston!

Scott_F

Well, our group has been on Ecstasy twice, Conquest twice, Rhapsody twice. Love leaving Galveston, but getting tired of the same ship/same ports thing.

Finally a cruise where I don't end up a day in Cozumel.

Flying to FL to hit the Dream on 9/11. Tough day to begin a cruise for me, but the rest of the party chose the date.

We've realized we don't really care where we go. It's more about being on the ship and relaxing than the ports.

That said, if there was something different at a time I could go, we would probably jump on it, but until then, HELLO Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel!:D

Well, our group has been on Ecstasy twice, Conquest twice, Rhapsody twice. Love leaving Galveston, but getting tired of the same ship/same ports thing.

Flying to FL to hit the Dream on 9/11. Tough day to begin a cruise for me, but the rest of the party chose the date.

Good for you! I can't imagine going on the same intinerary every cruise........

Are you taking the Eastern or Western?

Congrats , we are going to do something different for our 7th as well , going to head out on the Victory from San Juan .

We are debating heading out of Miami for a B2B2B to complete platinum by mid next year - on the Destiny , 3 different itens on 3 cruises .

WOW..a B2B2B? That sounds like fun. Especially with the different itens. We are driving to NOLA instead of Galveston this year just to try a different ship.

But does it go somewhere else?

The Western is the only one that we haven't done on the Conquest. I wish we could go South.

with your location you are maybe 4 hrs from new orleans port. compare the prices for galveston & new orleans for the same cruise. we were regulars for galveston (live in la. but from port arthur) and we are seeing new orleans is always cheaper. also norweign now goes out of new orleans year round and they have 4 ports.

leaving in 3 weeks out of mobile.

But does it go somewhere else?

We thought about driving to New Orleans for the Triumph next March, because it goes to Roatan and Belize, two of our favorite ports. My mom ended up booking a family cruise on the Dream for next summer, and those ports are included, so it's back to Galveston we go!

we went out of nola the last time instead of galveston.....it was a way different atmosphere than leaving out of texas. I dont know if it was more of a party crowd or what, but it was just a "loud" cruise. It was interesting to see NOLA though cause I had never been there. Next time though will be back to galveston.

Haven't been on the Conquest (yet), so haven't burned out on leaving from Galveston. Booked on Ecstasy again in July, going to Progresso for the first time.

Did the BIG one last Oct on the "brand-spankin' new" Carnival Dream in the Med. Trip of a lifetime! The long flights were tough (talk about jet-lag), but well worth it. Proposed to my girlfriend in Venice :)!

For variety ( & staying with Carnival), taking the drive to New Orleans for the Triumph seems like a good idea, to sail to Belize & Roatan. I asked John Heald on his blog if Carnival would consider adding a cruise to Belize & Roatan for the Conquest. I don't see why not...

Sometimes, you have to get in that metal tube with wings and take the flight. For us Texans, we're in the middle, so it's just as easy to fly to California (as the Florida ships) and sail on the Carnival Splendor, Spirit or Paradise. Elation reposition cruise through the Panama Canal to Mobile would be cool :rolleyes:!

Anyway..."Stay Cruising My Friends".

Marty

I live in MN and only wish I had your problem! I'd love to get tired of cruising out of the same port because it is so close! ;)

But at least you've got a gazillion lakes :p

OP - cool that you get to do a different itinerary, no worries on 9/11, lightning [generally] does not strike twice in the same place, and you'll still love your cruise. I, on the other hand, am thinking about going on different cruises every time for diversity from the get-go. Mexico Riviera down, Western Caribbean on Deck, Europe coming soon hopefully.

P.S. Can someone please create an acronym thread, because y'all got your own language, cruisinese.

Haven't been on the Conquest (yet), so haven't burned out on leaving from Galveston. Booked on Ecstasy again in July, going to Progresso for the first time.

Did the BIG one last Oct on the "brand-spankin' new" Carnival Dream in the Med. Trip of a lifetime! The long flights were tough (talk about jet-lag), but well worth it. Proposed to my girlfriend in Venice :)!

For variety ( & staying with Carnival), taking the drive to New Orleans for the Triumph seems like a good idea, to sail to Belize & Roatan. I asked John Heald on his blog if Carnival would consider adding a cruise to Belize & Roatan for the Conquest. I don't see why not...

Sometimes, you have to get in that metal tube with wings and take the flight. For us Texans, we're in the middle, so it's just as easy to fly to California (as the Florida ships) and sail on the Carnival Splendor, Spirit or Paradise. Elation reposition cruise through the Panama Canal to Mobile would be cool :rolleyes:!

Anyway..."Stay Cruising My Friends".

Marty

When the Grand Princess was homeported in Galveston, Belize and Roatan were part of her itinerary. It's very doable, and I would love to see that itinerary from Texas.

We are debating heading out of Miami for a B2B2B to complete platinum by mid next year - on the Destiny , 3 different itens on 3 cruises .

The Destiny itineraries are wonderful for doing that! I would love to do the 3 crusies B2B2B, but I had to settle for 2 out of the 3.

When the Grand Princess was homeported in Galveston, Belize and Roatan were part of her itinerary. It's very doable, and I would love to see that itinerary from Texas.

We did the Grand twice, but both times were in the first season, before they added Roatan to the itinerary. Definitely nice to have the variety.

To the OP, congrats on getting out of the Galveston rut, it's hard! Our first two cruises, ironically enough, were out of San Pedro, but the next 4 or 5 were out of Galveston. After 8 trips out of Galveston, I'm burned out (especially on the Ecstasy). Have only done the Conquest once, though, so wouldn't rule out another trip out of Galveston to sail that one again...

Archived