Need info on Carnival Pride

stardust

We are looking to go on a cruise that leaves from Baltimore. It seems our choice for May is the Pride. I have seen mixed reviews about the ship. Most of the negatives are about the decor. Either it's old and faded, or people don't like the artwork (which comes from those traveling with children, to me sounds great).

We haven't been on a cruise for almost 4 years. It's just my husband and myself this time, and we have been on 20+ cruises, including several with Carnival. One was so bad, the room was painfully small and the toilet kept falling over. But the rest of the cruises were just fine. Has anyone been on this ship recently that can give me their opinion of it? and perhaps which cabins to get or stay away from? We'd like to at least get a balcony.

Thanks

Stardust:

This will probably be moved over to the Carnival board but I can give you my opinion.

I've sailed the Carnival Pride twice in the last 18 months. I really do like the ship. The decor is more "wild" (but nothing like many Carnival ships) than any Celebrity ship but you will find: Very good food. David's Supper Club rivals Celebrity's specialty restaurants in food quality. David's fillet was far superior to Murano's.

General cabin sizes are as large or larger than Celebrity, especially on inside and outside cabins. If you book a balcony or suite you will not be unhappy.

If you want to cruise out of Baltimore, don't mind a more "Vegas like" ship then Carnival Pride will be good.

Take care,

Mike

I was on the Pride last month with my mother and brother. We loved her, she is a beautiful ship. We stayed in cabin 7160, unobstructed balcony, it was a good size cabin. We had plenty of room inside. My mother and I spent a lot of time sitting out on the balcony. There were 2 chairs and a table and still enough room to get around. We were a bit forward and it was a hike to the dining room, but we liked being right above the lounge and right below the spa. Just had to walk out the door and around the corner to the elevator and go up or down and we were there.

As for the decor, it's from the renaissance era, which I happen to like. It's just art work. Although I did not take my children on this cruise, I wouldn't hesitate to bring them. They are familiar with different styles of artwork and are mature enough to see it as it is..artwork. The ship is not old looking, faded, or dirty. I think that some have a hard time getting past the decor and I wonder if it's just that the renaissance era is not very popular...the chubby angels and nude sculptures and such.

There is plenty to do and the CD, Jamie and William are great. William is a riot with his thick English accent.

The lido deck was great too, not many lines and we were always able to find seats. The seating on the outside decks was a breeze too, not too crowded.

The food was on par with the rest of the ships that I have been on. We ate in the MDR every night and had great service.

I have booked 2 more cruises on the Pride, one for 12/10 and one for 02/11. So, as you can see, we think it is a great ship! :D

We cruised Pride just last week (sail date 3/14). Copy and paste this link for our review on the Carnival board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1167497&highlight=pride+delightful

I was also concerned about the condition of the ship; worry not! It looked no worse than the 4-year old Miracle (sister ship) did when our family cruised in 2008.

The decor is absolutely tasteful, and those how think otherwise have either never visited one of the world's great art museums or maybe they have some sort of Freudian problem they need to wrk thru.

Staff were fantastic; food in MDR was mostly really good; Lido deck was good to very good, but it is buffet ... anyway I am repeating myself -- I would definitely sail on the Pride if I were you!

I think you hit the wrong board. Maybe try on Carnival?;) Though if I knew, I'd answer. Nancy

Stardust:

This will probably be moved over to the Carnival board but I can give you my opinion.

I've sailed the Carnival Pride twice in the last 18 months. I really do like the ship. The decor is more "wild" (but nothing like many Carnival ships) than any Celebrity ship but you will find: Very good food. David's Supper Club rivals Celebrity's specialty restaurants in food quality. David's fillet was far superior to Murano's.

General cabin sizes are as large or larger than Celebrity, especially on inside and outside cabins. If you book a balcony or suite you will not be unhappy.

If you want to cruise out of Baltimore, don't mind a more "Vegas like" ship then Carnival Pride will be good.

Take care,

Mike

I thought this was the Carnival Board. :confused::confused::confused:

We enjoyed the ship so much that nothing bothered us except the day we had to get off ! We had a balcony cabin and it was bigger than the cabin on NCL. So carnivals cabins are slightly larger than other lines if this helps. Food in MDR was great for lunch and dinner every day.

I was on the Pride last July. It was the first balcony we had because the prices are cheaper than RCCL. The food was great and the entertainment. We went to David's (it was our 35th anniversary) and it was outstanding.

We liked it so much that we are going again next week on the exact same cruise. This time we have a suite. It will probably be the only suite we can ever have because we got it at a great price.

The other good point is that we are about 45 minutes from the port so no flying, hotels or even parking (our daughter can drop us off and pick us up).

Thank you all so much. I have no worries about the ship now. I was on the Carnival board when I hit the "post new thread' button. I never could find my question though. I found it by getting the list of threads I wrote. I have no clue where it ended up. I guess I haven't figured out how to post questions yet. I usually just read them!

Was on the Pride January 2008 and loved her. Especially the statue of Michael in the special dining room. :p

It's actually David -- the original was sculpted by Michelangelo. Very famous and, contrary to the opinions of the uninformed, very tasteful. I think that is why they call the resturaunt David's.

It's actually David -- the original was sculpted by Michelangelo. Very famous and, contrary to the opinions of the uninformed, very tasteful. I think that is why they call the resturaunt David's.

Opps . . . you're right . . . it was David.

I am just off the Pride today, we loved it. Traveled with friends, their kids, and our 2 and 6 year old boys. We are all wishing we were still on the boat- will write a review this week, but we thought the trip was awesome.

We just returned from the Pride today and very much enjoyed the cruise and ship. The decor is dark, except in the Normandie Dining Room. The ship's theme is "Icons of Beauty" and there are reproductions of Renaissance paintings around the ship.

Embarcation at Baltimore was the easiest we've experienced. The ship was in fine condition, the food was some of the best we've had, and the service excellent. We also enjoyed the three shows and two comedians.

I am just off the Pride today, we loved it. Traveled with friends, their kids, and our 2 and 6 year old boys. We are all wishing we were still on the boat- will write a review this week, but we thought the trip was awesome.

We just returned from the Pride today and very much enjoyed the cruise and ship. The decor is dark, except in the Normandie Dining Room. The ship's theme is "Icons of Beauty" and there are reproductions of Renaissance paintings around the ship.

Embarcation at Baltimore was the easiest we've experienced. The ship was in fine condition, the food was some of the best we've had, and the service excellent. We also enjoyed the three shows and two comedians.

Welcome back! I'm wondering how the weather was for you-was it warm enough to use the pools onboard on the sea days? I am so nervous we'll be stuck inside on the sea days! Thanks for your help!

Archived