Suite balcony vs aft balcony?

Janespup

Last time I was on Fascination, I had a suite because it was the only class cabin that had a balcony. Now I am trying to decide between getting the suite again or an aft cabin. Can someone tell me what they love about an aft cabin? Is the deck on the suite smaller than that on an aft cabin? Are the rooms that much smaller? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a verandah V 3 cabin on the fascination, and I agee, the balcony was tiny. BUT, in Jan we had an AFT balcony on the SENSATION, and the balcony was HUGE. I don't know if the aft wrap balconies cost a lot more, but call a PVP and ask about price for a regualr AFT balcony, and the wrap balcony.

We had an aft-wrap balcony suite on Deck 4 on the Miracle....OMG it was awsome...the balcony was about 225 Sq Ft...we hosted a sail-a-way for about 15-20 people on the balcony and we could have had at least that many more!

Thanks for variuos posts. There aren't any aft wraps on fascination, so my choice is only an aft balcony or a smaller suite balcony. I'll have to look at the room sizes more closely.

What do you do on your balcony? I sit and read, or stand and gaze...don't need tons of room for that!

I'll take the cabin space over balcony space ANYDAY...when I'm in the cabin, I like to be comfortable!

What do you do on your balcony? I sit and read, or stand and gaze...don't need tons of room for that!

I'll take the cabin space over balcony space ANYDAY...when I'm in the cabin, I like to be comfortable!

were sailing on the Liberty 4/24/10 . aft wrap . planning on spending a lot of time on the balcony , not in the room . will let ya know if it was worth it .

Different strokes for different folks! Will have an aft wrap on the Spirit this Sunday for just DW and myself! Love the aft wraps!

Going to bring walkie talkies so if we are on opposite ends we can still talk to each other! :D:p:D

Last time I was on Fascination, I had a suite because it was the only class cabin that had a balcony. Now I am trying to decide between getting the suite again or an aft cabin. Can someone tell me what they love about an aft cabin? Is the deck on the suite smaller than that on an aft cabin? Are the rooms that much smaller? Thanks.

The aft balcony cabins on the Fascination are the standard 185 sq.ft. rooms plus balcony. The suites have 330 sq.ft. rooms plus balcony: much bigger. If you're thinking of spending the money on a suite again, look into the extended balconies (category ES, rooms U89-U102). Those balconies were extended when the other balconies were added to the ship. They are probably double the size that they were before. The Verandah "suites", as mentioned before, are small, only 30 sq.ft. Any other balcony will be at least 35 sq.ft. If you want to save some money, go with the aft balcony. Happy cruising!

Info on the ship:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/Carnival+Fascination-deck-plans.html

Archived