Freedom cabins

Please help!!! I am booking the Aug 15th Freedom cruise tomorrow for my family of four - ds 10, dd 16 and dh and I. I would love to do a balcony, and am willing to pay price difference, but my kids HATE sharing a bed. So I need pullmans, or a pullman and sofa bed like on Disney. It doesn't look like this is available for balcony rooms - or am I crazy? Is my only option an oceanview? WHat about the family staterooms? WHen are they available and whats the price difference?

ANy ideas?

Please help!!! I am booking the Aug 15th Freedom cruise tomorrow for my family of four - ds 10, dd 16 and dh and I. I would love to do a balcony, and am willing to pay price difference, but my kids HATE sharing a bed. So I need pullmans, or a pullman and sofa bed like on Disney. It doesn't look like this is available for balcony rooms - or am I crazy? Is my only option an oceanview? WHat about the family staterooms? WHen are they available and whats the price difference?

ANy ideas?

Yes, from the deck plans, it looks like no regular balcony cabin has two pullmans. You can get a family oceanview (the ones at the very front of the ship. Those cabins don't have a balcony, but they are HUGE.) and you can get adjoining cabins. There is one combination that would work - Deck 9: 9696-9701 and 9396-9401. This is one balcony cabin for two with a connecting door to an interior. Two bathrooms, two rooms.........it's like an instant suite!

For help in booking, call RC's 800 number and speak to a CVP there. Most of them know what they are doing. If you get one who seems less than spectacular, thank him/her, hang up, and call again. You'll get someone different.

:)

How about two connecting ocean views ($300 more) on deck three or two connectiong promenades ($100 less) on deck 7. The sofa bed is very small, and in my opinion will not be big enough for a 10 and 16 year old. My children had a great problem on the sofa bed when they were 5 and 7. Never again. Plus with two cabins, you'll have an additional bathroom. The cabins, while nice, are significantly smaller than the ones on Disney.

Sailing Freedom of the Seas we were in the same dilemma and found out that there are no balcony cabins with the configuration you are looking for. Cruised Disney in the past and certainly liked their layout. For the same amount of money as a balcony we booked two connecting promenade rooms and can't wait until May 2 to see how it turns out!

Archived