Which would you choose: 1 Jr Suite or 2 Balcony Rooms on Freedom of Seas?

Quixotic

I am so excited and yet so confused. Can you experienced CCs help a gal out?

Here's the deal:

RCCL Freedom of Seas

Sail 11/21/2010

7 Days East Caribbean / out of Port Canaveral

Cruising:

DH (30), our two kids (ages 7 & 6), and me (turning 30 on 11/28). This is our family's first cruise, and my first RCCL cruise. I cruised once previously with CCL for a quickie "girls weekend."

The Big Decision... which room?!

Option A:

7694 & 7696 -- Port Side, Two Connecting Category D "superior" balcony rooms (214 sq ft), Deck 7

Option B:

8380 & 8382 -- Starboard Side, Two Connecting Category D "superior" balcony rooms (214 sq ft each), Deck 8

Option C:

Either 1406 or 1706 -- Aft, Jr Suite w/balcony (320 sq ft), Deck 10

Option D:

Either 7414 or 7712 -- Aft, Jr Suite w/balcony (320 sq ft), Deck 7, Obstructed views according to RCCL

The considerations:

* I would LOVE to be in an Aft Suite, but they are $250 higher than the two connecting rooms with less total sq ft and only one bathroom for 4 people. The $250 isn't a deal breaker, but already we're in for way more than we bargained for. We thought we could get away with $3-$4K on this cruise and it's looking more like $5-$6K depending on air/ground/pre-cruise hotel. Yeowch. We're an "average" working family, so this is taking a mighty swallow as it is.

* The Aft suites on Deck 7 have "obstructed" views, apparently, but not sure how big a deal that is. Apparently 7 is a less desirable floor? And please see above, re: cost consideration...

* The connecting balcony rooms on Deck 8 are on the starboard side, which I'm reading/hearing is the "smoking" side. I am incredibly sensitive to smoke and want to avoid, avoid, avoid.

* The connecting balcony rooms on Deck 7 are on the port side which is the non-smoking side apparently, so I like that, but I also read/heard that Deck 8 is better than Deck 7 re: noise.

Soooo, fellow cruisers, what's a girl to do? I am calling first thing in the morning to make the deposit and book! Advice greatly appreciated. :)

While I LOVE JS's....if you have more than 2 in a JS, it will still not be as spacious as you may want....and you still only have the 1 bathroom....

I'd go with 2 connecting (or side by side) rooms. That way, the kids have their own space and mom and day will have some privacy! It's a win-win for all!

Smoking is allowed on ALL balconies, regardless of the side of the ship. We've never been bothered by smoke on any balcony. I

Thanks for the advice!

By the time I called back today, the connecting rooms on 8 were sold. So, we have ended up with two connecting rooms on 7. Still good, I think!

I was psyched to hear that we can remove the partition between our two balconies to create one large balcony. Score! :D

Archived