Statendam - "A" Deck aft cabin 0 noise/vibration?

DENNSDMNCE

I'm afraid I avoid these cabins for that reason.

Did you purchase a guarantee, and were assigned this cabin?

If not, is your ship full? It may be worth a few bucks (but not a fortune) to switch to a midship cabin on A. Is this an inside or outside?

This isn't a huge problem if you can't switch. The first night it may bother you, but I predict you'll learn to ignore it.

I had one of these on the Veendam.

Never felt or heard a thing until docking begins. When the thrusters are on, the cabin tends to rattle and shake a bit.

I honestly never found it to be a problem, though. I tend to be up early anyway.

General engine noise was almost non-existant - what little there was was quite pleasant.

Just got off the Statendam and I had an A deck aft cabin.....we loved it....it was very convenient to the elevators to all the dining rooms and to the library.....we also just had to walk down the hallway to the front and all our port disembarkations were from deck 3 so we just walked down to that level or up from that level to get to our cabin.....regarding the engine noise.....the only time is was really noticeable was when docking or leaving port....otherwise it never bothered us....but then again....I cruise with the attitude that nothing will spoil my good time!

Archived