PVPs

lizzytobias

I have been very lucky with Carnival PVPs. My first was promoted to supvisor and she turned me on to my current PVP. He is outstanding. Very proactive and on the ball. I think that he works 20 hours days, always seems to answer the phone on the first ring or gets back to me quickly when I call him. Too bad that we can not name names, but them's the rules.

PVP is a personal vacation planner and they are your contact at Carnival. They are NOT the customer service reps that answer the phone if you just call their 800 number. Come to think of it I don't know how I got mine - he just started calling me one day after our first cruise.

What I don't understand is why we can't mention them here. I know we can't mention the names of travel agencies, but as PVPs are all Carnival employees, what is the problem with saying "Joe Schmoe really helped us out with our last cruise"? Is using a PVP considered an conflict of interest for the owners of CC?

Ya know that mentioning/promoting, bragging about a specific PVP and providing their name is not allowed ? You may want to edit your post before the mods do and send you to the naughty corner ! :eek:

Sorry, I didn't know...

So, I know people cannot share specifics of their PVPs on here, but there is some serious loyalty there. I haven't had such a great bond with either of the two I have spoken with; what makes a PVP great?

Sorry, I didn't know...

In the OP's original post :D

Do you find that you get a better price/upgrades/extra when booking thru a PVP? Or is it just the convenience of speaking to a real person and having someone to answer your questions? We have always used a 'big internet travel sit' that will remain nameless. Never had any issues, always gotten a good deal. Just wondering what the big pluses of using a PVP were.

Do you find that you get a better price/upgrades/extra when booking thru a PVP? Or is it just the convenience of speaking to a real person and having someone to answer your questions? We have always used a 'big internet travel sit' that will remain nameless. Never had any issues, always gotten a good deal. Just wondering what the big pluses of using a PVP were.

PVP's will not be able to provide you any "perks" per say that your TA may be providing to you..... PVP's cannot discount a rate whereas a larger agency can (just not advertise it !).....Only negative really in booking with that TA is that the cruiseline cannot discuss your booking with you if booked thru a TA.... In the end, If you are happy with your TA... and they are meeting your needs... stick with 'em !

PVP is a personal vacation planner and they are your contact at Carnival. They are NOT the customer service reps that answer the phone if you just call their 800 number. Come to think of it I don't know how I got mine - he just started calling me one day after our first cruise.

What I don't understand is why we can't mention them here. I know we can't mention the names of travel agencies, but as PVPs are all Carnival employees, what is the problem with saying "Joe Schmoe really helped us out with our last cruise"? Is using a PVP considered an conflict of interest for the owners of CC?

There are Agencies that PAY for their advertisement on CC and to suggest/promote a PVP is no different than suggesting a TA or agency. It's potential sales revenue lost that a PAID advertiser is hoping to gain !

I have been happy with the TA we have used, godo rates, sometimes get some OBC per a special or whatever. I understand the disconect between the TA and Line, but have always been able to connect with the Line no problem once the booking is done. Just wondering, making sure I'm not missing freed DOD's or anything :)

I have been happy with the TA we have used, godo rates, sometimes get some OBC per a special or whatever. I understand the disconect between the TA and Line, but have always been able to connect with the Line no problem once the booking is done. Just wondering, making sure I'm not missing freed DOD's or anything :)

You can call the cruiseline and speak about generic questions of your cruise, but they will not make any changes, discuss the financials, etc. with you about your booking if "owned" by the TA you are working with.... At least they are NOT supposed to discuss things of this nature with you. :rolleyes:

You can call the cruiseline and speak about generic questions of your cruise, but they will not make any changes, discuss the financials, etc. with you about your booking if "owned" by the TA you are working with.... At least they are NOT supposed to discuss things of this nature with you. :rolleyes:

I guess I am just fuzzy on what these 'financials, changes, etc' are. I mean I book, pay the whole thing, get my con#. Then I can book excursions thru the cruisline, bon voyage, etc. They still call me to see if I want to upgrade. The cruiseline called me once I booked to see if there was anything they could do for me. The cruise line sends me all the packets, luggage tags, etc.

I really do understand that somepeople like the personal touch of the PVP. I am first to admit that my generation (mid 20's) often like to go the cold, non-personal internet route, all things being equal. And some OBC never hurts, when they run a special:).

All I know for sure is that the PVP that contacted me is absolutely wonderful! However she came about contacting me and whatever she can help me with, I am thankful for. There are certain things she has no control over, and she can't help that. If she can, she does. When I call and leave a message or email her, she gets back with me asap.

I've said before, "I just want to adopt her". Hopefully that won't change.........

And, I do wish I could share her name, but I can't.

Archived