Bar Set up questions

lbeatty

Hi! Newbie here.

Sailing on the Spirit out of Boston in May.

Trying to figure out the most economical way to enjoy a few drinks each day without trying to smuggle liquior onto the ship.

I've been reading about th Bar Set on NCL and have a couple of questions.

Is it available to everyone or only those in a large group or only those with a suite?

Is it cheaper than ordering individual drinks or is it just the convenience of having drinks in your room?

It's 1 liter bottles, correct?

You must order it before boarding, correct? Who do I call for the Spirit?

Oh and is the Martini Clinic a good idea? How do we find out when that is happening?

Any other information about this or drinks on board in general would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi! Newbie here.

Trying to figure out the most economical way to enjoy a few drinks each day without trying to smuggle liquior onto the ship.

Is it available to everyone or only those in a large group or only those with a suite?

Is it cheaper than ordering individual drinks or is it just the convenience of having drinks in your room?

Oh and is the Martini Clinic a good idea? How do we find out when that is happening?

Any other information about this or drinks on board in general would be greatly appreciated. :)

The bar set up is available to anyone if ordered ahead. And it does save money over purchasing individual drinks. Simply email the event coordinator of your ship. In your case, it would be GroupEventSpirit@ncl.com. Put the date of your sailing in your subject line as they respond based on how close the sailing is. Tell them what you are interested in purchasing and they will give you the prices.

The martini clinic is both fun and a great bargain if you enjoy martinis. It will be listed in the Freestyle Daily which is the daily "newspaper"/schedule of events delivered to your cabin each evening for the following day.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much! Very helpful. :)

Anyone have an idea of what liquors are available? Would be interested in things that don't require mixers like maybe peppermint schnapps, Bailey's and Khalua, and maybe Captain Morgan.

Hi! Newbie here.

best way to handle the bar set up is to email the groupeventspirit@ncl.com

and yes, I think the martini clinic is worth it plus watch for daily specials and even possible 2 for 1 drinks at certain times.

Nita

Anyone have an idea of what liquors are available? Would be interested in things that don't require mixers like maybe peppermint schnapps, Bailey's and Khalua, and maybe Captain Morgan.

I know they have Captain Morgan, but not sure about the others.

Cpt Morgan & Khalua are available, not sure on :oothers...

yes kalhua, baileys are available 83 per bottle

I know smiroff is 63, but not sure about the capitan morgan.

Got my prices from the Sky for our may cruise.

You can not order mixers, except from RM service for a fee. Juice available in buffet in the morning.

went on group cruise with radio station in 2006. Met up with a lady who worked with my cousin (small world). Her family and myself all wound up at the martini tasting. The four of us had a blast! I was 45 at the time the two sisters were in 50's and their mom somewhere in her 70's. So all age range there. Well worth the $15 it was back then. Just off the top of my head we tried a melon martini, an apple martini, a chocolate martini, a dirty martini (yuck) a gibson and one other. They told us what liquor they used, etc. Fun part for the 4 of us was if one didn't like and someone else did you got an extra drink. My husband sat off on the side with a bucket of beer in hand and the louder we laughed the louder he laughed at us. We got a real quantity drink for that. I did a wine tasting for $15 and I wanted to yell like that lady did in the commercial "where's the beef" and say "where's the wine" If there was a tablespoon in the glass it was a lot.

I did find their martini prices back then quite outrageous (apple martini $10.75) - but I see another poster said look for specials.

Like the idea of a bar set up - don't know NCL's policy, but on Carnival we ordered liquor and I brought a 12pk of Diet ginger hubby wanted to use as a mixer. If NCL offers soda card that would work too

Hi! Newbie here.

Another similar great deal is the mojito clinic. They convinced me I actually enjoy mojitos more than martinis - which I didn't think was possible! :D:rolleyes:

Another similar great deal is the mojito clinic. They convinced me I actually enjoy mojitos more than martinis - which I didn't think was possible! :D:rolleyes:

Mojitos....yum.:p Ready for some drinks. I bought two bottles for room. That should keep our drink bill down a bit.

Archived