Pride of America - AA Owner's Suite #8000/8500?

inahaze

Has anyone stayed in an Owner's Suite (AA) on the POA, rooms 8000 or 8500? They are located directly in the front, so my concern is whether the balcony is functional while the ship is moving (i.e. wind). I have searched the NCL forum and have not found anyone discussing this potential problem.

We stayed in an aft penthouse on the Sun a few years ago and the balcony was constantly covered in soot. We had to ask daily for it to be cleaned, but by sail away in the evenings it would be dirty again. It was somewhat of a waste of a balcony.

Thanks!

Has anyone stayed in an Owner's Suite (AA) on the POA, rooms 8000 or 8500? They are located directly in the front, so my concern is whether the balcony is functional while the ship is moving (i.e. wind). I have searched the NCL forum and have not found anyone discussing this potential problem.

We stayed in an aft penthouse on the Sun a few years ago and the balcony was constantly covered in soot. We had to ask daily for it to be cleaned, but by sail away in the evenings it would be dirty again. It was somewhat of a waste of a balcony.

Thanks!

We stayed in 8000 on POA in Feb. & had no problems with the wind or dirt. You should have no problems with this balcony.

• 1 year later...
We stayed in 8000 on POA in Feb. & had no problems with the wind or dirt. You should have no problems with this balcony.

Digging up an old thread. We are booked in POA suite 8000 and just recently heard that the balcony has an obstructed view ( a steel bulkhead) just rtying to find out if that is true.

Thanks!

Hi

Maybe you've seen these, but this link has pictures of 8500. As an earlier poster said you are sailing at night son wind on the balcony isn't a big problem. As you can see in one of the pictures your balcony has a "window" around it.

http://www.02cruise.com/lines/norwegian%20cruise%20line/pride%20of%20america/photos/

If you wanted to be less worried about the wind you might consider 11000 or 11500 if they're available. This is what we've booked for 2013. It's a nice space with good bathroom and hot tub on the balcony (if that's your thing!).

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in 8000 and my parents in 8500 last summer. As someone has stated you do very little cruising in the day. We did not have a problem seeing what we wanted to see and wind was never an issue. My neice and a friend were traveling with us and were disappointed that there was no view from the the hot tub. Overall the rooms were great.

• 3 years later...
If you wanted to be less worried about the wind you might consider 11000 or 11500 if they're available. This is what we've booked for 2013. It's a nice space with good bathroom and hot tub on the balcony (if that's your thing!).

Hi Fiftyguy....New to this site, been searching for information about suite 11000, can't find anything post-renovation of the ship. Your post mentioned you booked this, did you actually sail? If so, did it have a separate bedroom, with actual doors to close, or was it more of a penthouse style. Thank you for any info you have on this room, there seems none to be found!