Ft. Lauderdale - where to return rental car?

tiffnco

Hi all,

I will be posting this same question on the FL board, but figured this one is a bit more active and might give me a faster result! :rolleyes:

I will be flying into MIA, renting a car, picking up some friends at FLL and then we're heading to Boca for the night. The next day we're getting up and heading to our ship in FLL. I'd like to do a one-way rental, so I won't need to go back to an airport to return the car.

Do you know of any locations close to the FLL port that would make this possible?

Thanks!

The easiest thing to do is return the car at FLL, then either take the rental car agency shuttle to the port or a cab. The port is five minutes from FLL.

They no longer do shuttle to and from the airport. But if you rent Thrifty, they have a facility right outside the gates and will shuttle you in.

Hi all,

I will be posting this same question on the FL board, but figured this one is a bit more active and might give me a faster result! :rolleyes:

I will be flying into MIA, renting a car, picking up some friends at FLL and then we're heading to Boca for the night. The next day we're getting up and heading to our ship in FLL. I'd like to do a one-way rental, so I won't need to go back to an airport to return the car.

Do you know of any locations close to the FLL port that would make this possible?

Thanks!

Most of the major rental car corps don't have drop charges for picking up at one location and dropping off at another location within FL. So, you can rent at MIA, do your business, and drop off at FLL. Depending on the company, some have pier drop off. If that doesn't work, drop your party at the pier and return the car, and cab back to the pier. It's $15 to $18 ride.

Thrifty & Budget have a location (shared) right outside the port entrance at US 1 & SR 84 with a free shuttle to the pier. Jack

Does this sound like the right location:

1515 SE 17TH STREET CAUSEWAY

FT.LAUDERDALE , FL 33316 US

I will be renting a car from Alamo in South Beach and dropping it off at FLL. Alamo has a shuttle to Port Eveglades leaving at noon until 5. We will drive from Miami to Fll. and drop the car off at the airport and the shuttle is free. Garlicruisers

I stood outside of Berth 19 at Port Everglades on Mar. 20th and watched 3 buses from the rental center at FLL pick up passengers for the ride to FLL. I know that some car rental companies are included in that service, but not all.

We rented, that same day, from the Thrifty/Budget location mentioned previously. Two notes: their shuttle pickup is slow and their counter service is even slower! We returned that car to FLL. No additional charge for that drop and the service was instantaneous at the airport.

Archived