Can I do this when booking now and rebooking when on a different cruise!!

southpawsdakota

I am wondering if we can do the following. I am booked on a cruise within the next few months and am ready to put my initial deposit on another cruise, I have a hold on it until tomorrow with the final payment due 7 days after I return from the lst cruise. Can I rebook that 2nd cruise while on board the first cruise and then be able to get onboard credits for the 2nd cruise. Gosh I hope you understand what I want to do. The lst cruise we did have a FCC so no problem with that but I don't want to wait until that cruise incase the cruise if booked. Thanks for all your help.:)

If I understand you correctly you want to leave a deposit then cancel and rebook on your upcoming cruise. If this is what you want to do then you would have to cancel it while onboard but I would only do that if I wasn't in a penalty period. If you aren't and would get a full refund of your deposit then you will have no problem except maybe for two things. The price could have increased and you would be at the new rate plus you may not be able to get your same cabin again. Depends on if there is a wait for that category.

What I would do is leave the deposit and check just prior to canceling while on board the availability and price and then decide. You wouldn't want to do this if the price increased too much or if the ship is on wait list.

You know that when you cancel the first and re-book, you could lose your original cabin and the price may be different.

That's exactly what I mentioned above. If prices rise to much it may not be worth re-booking plus the category they want may be on wait list so forget the same cabin they wouldn't even get a cabin unless they took a guarantee or changed categories.

Best idea (like I also mentioned above) is to keep reservation and check prices and availability just prior to thinking of canceling and re-booking. If they don't care about that particular cabin and if other cabins are available in the category they want plus prices similar I'd go for it. If prices go up then it's not worth the trouble as the OBC would be washed out with having to pay more.

You can cancel and rebook, but you can't keep the same booking and then have the shipboard credit applied, in otherwords you can't transfer the already booked cruise and still apply the extras from booking onboard. As has already been said, the price may be different when you attempt to rebook onboard, or the cabin you wish to book may not be available after cancelling.

If it were me, I would just book it through a travel agency that is having a special now, with the reduced deposit and shipboard credit. If you do some looking, you can normally find an agency that offers just as much as if you were booking with a future cruise credit. ;)

If it were me, I would just book it through a travel agency that is having a special now, with the reduced deposit and shipboard credit. If you do some looking, you can normally find an agency that offers just as much as if you were booking with a future cruise credit. ;)

Agree that this may be the best way to go with less of a problem. There are still some good deals out there with shipboard credit being given so why go through all the headache of booking, canceling, and re-booking for OBC when they could probably like you said with a little research find a TA offering shipboard credit that could possibly be the same amount or close to it.

Thank you all so much for your advice. I just put the deposit down and did not pick a room and when I got he email it said Upgrade Notice, we got R342 which is an inside on the Sea Princess. We had just booked the lowest price room and had just marked that we would accept upgrades and had not chosen a room. This is the first time we have done this. We had a balcony last June on our Alaska cruise but will deal with the inside as we were able to take 3 cruises last year and this will be our send this year. Thanks again for all the great information that you give on Cruise Critic.

Archived