Is Infinity really in bad shape?/Also, RS #6139?

JEDIKNIGHT

Thinking of booking a Royal Suite, Infinity Alaska for someone very very important in my business life and therefore want it to be a classy and enjoyable trip with great food and great service.

Have read some poor comments about Infinity badly needed a drydock and wanted to hear about it, good or bad from recent cruisers.

I'm NOT one to board a ship just aching to find ugly things. That is better left to pax who are shall we say, clue-impaired ;) But, I also don't want to book someone important on something that would be downright shabby either.

Any recent Infinity cruisers out there to comment?

Also, overall how was service and food?

If applicable how was Butler service?

And, anyone had Royal Suite 6139?

Thanks!

I have done 3 cruises on Infinity (07) Panama Canal (08) Alaska (09) Panama Canal and are booked on Infinity for Sept 24 Panama Canal. Each of the three cruises we did were out standing. The First was inside cabin the second was CC class and third was Sky Suite. Butler service was out standing. We are booked in CC for upcoming cruise. I have read some of the posts from others who talk about the condition of the ship ect. I wonder if they were on the same ship. There were some things that we didn't like but that is true on any ship or vacation. A lot of people on the boards complain about the food but DH and I always found it to be great. We would not have booked again if it were not to our liking (4). We use to do Carnival but that won't happen again.

The ship is in no way shabby, well kept, clean and very nice. Crew is extremely friendly and polite always eager to please. We enjoy the entertainment on ship. Hopes this helpsicon7.gif

I totally enjoyed the Infinity in February 2010 . It is a ship with quiet elegance and IMHO , nicely maintained.

Both my husband and I have businesses (I have a store /DH is a physician who owns several labs) and I would not hesitate to take any business associates/customers/suppliers etc ... on this ship. I am sure they (and you) will have a great time.

Kim

Hi there.....we are just back from Infinity B2B and stayed in the Royal Suite (6141) for the first leg.

The service was wonderful. A lot of the crew was new but they were extremely friendly, outgoing, and very engaging.

The food was fantastic and I found a new "favorite appetizer" in the specialty restaurant--The Diver Scallops.

The ship looked a bit weathered when we were on the first half. I presume it was from being in Antarctica. However, by the start of the second leg, they were painting, varnishing and touching up every area of the ship. The lounges/public areas, etc were all fine.

The production shows were the best we have seen at sea thus far.

I wouldn't hesitate in the least bit to book this ship again. It is not the new S class but it is well taken care of and certainly not shabby.

Our butlers were fantastic. The one in the RS particularly excellent.

While many of the things you asked about won't apply, feel free to look at the blog I wrote:

http://web.me.com/jschwingler/Joe_And_Dave_Cruising/Welcome.html

It has several pictures of the RS as well as some public areas. I hope this helps.

Sailed on Infinity in December 2009 in CC. Loved it. The crew was the friendliest I've encountered. This was my 9th Cruise. The ship was fine. Enjoyed the entertainment and the crew was very accommodating for dinner. My husband is diabetic and was taken care of when asked for something special. Just need to ask for a specialty (no sugar added dessert or anything else) the night before.

We are sailing on the Summit (a sister ship) in the spring. Looking forward to our next cruise.

Also, loved the extra space in the cabin.

The ship is not decorated in sleek ultra modern which throws some people IMHO. The only thing I noticed was the carpet in our cabin was worn, clean but worn. However as I walked by cabins at the end of the hall, I noticed they seemed to be replacing the carpet cabin by cabin when they could.

Other than that and that's not a complaint just an observation, the ship is fine. It has a totally different decor from S class ships. We really enjoyed our cruise last fall.

Infinity is a great ship with normal wear and tear as one would expect to see on a ship 8 years old (I think that is her age) We have sailed on her in 2006/2009/2010(Feb) and would sail on her again right now if I could figure out how to get off work! :)

The M class ships are going to be retro fitted to the S class standard as much as they can. If you want to see what that is, the Constellation is going to go into drydock and be the first of the M class ships to get the S class treatment.

Royal suite on M class is huge and the service is great from the two friends we know that were in them. I would love to be in position to take some friends/business associates on Infinity and personally would not hestitate to put them in a number of the suites/cabins.

We did an Alaskan cruise on Infinity in May 2009. It was fabulous, we would do it again tomorrow if we could & I really envy your very important business associate. We were in CC & the cabins and service were fine - can't comment on Royal Suite. We did find the dinners fairly ordinary and the waiters less than helpful. Also we found the main dining room decor a bit dreary. I think we were unlucky with our waiters as they couldn't or wouldn't understand what we were trying to say (a table of 8, not just me & DH). Fortunately the Maitre d' was brilliant and usually sorted everything out. That was our only little moan. It was just THE most brilliant cruise (the sunny weather helped!!).

Archived