Jewel Cabin 9144 (CruisinMaterial) or BC for 4

Hey CruisinMaterial - I just read you review on the Jewel and we leave on the Jewel in 65 days (to be exact) and are in the same cabin you occupied -- only with 2 teenagers :-) Can you tell me if the 4th bed is pull down can you tell get out onto the balcony without making the person get out of their bed?

Maybe someone else knows this as well?

Thanks so much!

Not very often - if at all have I had my name mentioned in the main Cruise Critic forum. I almost died! :eek::D

To answer your question stateroom number 9144 has a configuration of a drop down bunk bed up in the ceiling which is by the balcony door. It folds up into the ceiling during the day. The fourth berth is the fold out couch which comes up and the table goes underneath the shelves on that side of the room. The vanity area on which has a mini-desk with it by the refrigerator has a smaller mirror because the TV is on that side of the room. Hope all this helps. Any more questions then feel free to ask!

I occupied the room as a solo person but did notice all the beds that could have been in there. :)

Didn't even answer your question... can you get to the balcony?

If all the beds are out it'd be mighty hard to get to the balcony. The one that comes out of the ceiling obstructs the balcony door directly and would fold down facing the cabin. The other sofa bed would pull out leaving you very little leg room to get over to the door and you'd have to crouch (sp?) down to get to the door. The door is a little sticky at times so you'd have to give it a good jerk if it was closed solid. I can't imagine how you'd be able to do it with all the beds out. :cool: I'm sure during the daytime turn down though the cabin steward would retract the other two beds so it's a little bit more live-able in there.

Hope all this helps! :D If you end up having Wayan and Jill you're in good hands!

We had 4 people in our balcony cabin (most are the same configuration for 4). The bed was closest to the bathroom and entrance. There is a small love seat next to the balcony that pulls out to a bed for 1 person (going in the same direction as the main bed). Directly above that is a pull down bed from the ceiling (again, going in the same direction as the main bed). With the beds open..you literally need to crawl over the bottom bed, but duck under the bunk from above. We did it...but you need to be nimble. :p

And yes...I think it would wake someone up to crawl over them...but we are talking teenagers here...you could probably roll them out to the balcony and they'd still be sleeping :D:D

And yes...I think it would wake someone up to crawl over them...but we are talking teenagers here...you could probably roll them out to the balcony and they'd still be sleeping :D:D

Too funny, but so true. If I can climb over the beds and open the door I'll be on the balcony without waking the teenagers up, that is for sure. I just wasn't sure if you couldn't get the door open but sounds like I can.

Thanks!

Thanks so much......being that I will have 2 teenagers with me, that sleep late I was hoping when I got up I'd be able to sneak out onto the balcony without too much trouble -- I guess not :-)

Thanks again for your fantastic review.

Thanks for the kind words on the review! Your teenagers will have a blast onboard I'm pretty sure of that. Make sure you have them go to the open part of the White Hot Party up in Spinnakers too. Just be very careful to climb over them and you'll get to the balcony or better yet, pack a fog horn in your luggage and just blast that. Talk about a wake up call! Ha ha! :)

Enjoy the Jewel! You'll be in great hands with John O'Hara at the lead in the Hotel Department!

Yes you can...we crawled over our 13 year old and watched the ocean go by.

You are right about teenagers sleeping soundly... I was the same way about 10 years ago... man does it stink getting old! :( With my height I stick out the bottom of the bed so I usually get the bed closest to the balcony because there is less foot traffic that way. So nice to have a queen size bed together on this past sailing! I fit in the bed for a change and the beds on the Jewel are so COMFY! :)

Archived