Thinking of booking Aloha Deck instead of usual Caribe balcony -- am I crazy?

junglejane

DH and I are looking at booking the Star Princess 5/30/11 Greek Isles cruise with our 2 DD's. For our last several cruises we booked side by side balcony cabins midship (in the 500's) on Caribe in order to get the extra large balconies. Now due to our DD's being older and the sticker shock of the 2011 prices, we are looking at a balcony and an inside across the hall. But DH also wants to move away from Caribe deck. Of course it's a very port intensive cruise and of the four of us, I'm probably the only one who likes to hang out on the balcony anyway. DH's complaint about Caribe deck is that it's a long way (3 or more floors either way) from both the pool decks/fitness center/buffet on the one hand and the entertainment decks/dining rooms/piazza. He'd like to move either up or down to be closer to one of those areas. His idea is to move up to Aloha deck but to get a balcony and an inside in the area under the Lido balcony cabins (in the 200's, close to the forward elevator/stairs), so that we aren't under the pool or Horizon Court. That way we can easily run up one flight to Lido deck or two flights up to the fitness center and youth center, and save the elevator for when we have to go to the entertainment decks.

Does this sound like a good plan? Any downsides to this location? Thanks for any feedback.:)

DH and I are looking at booking the Star Princess 5/30/11 Greek Isles cruise with our 2 DD's. For our last several cruises we booked side by side balcony cabins midship (in the 500's) on Caribe in order to get the extra large balconies. Now due to our DD's being older and the sticker shock of the 2011 prices, we are looking at a balcony and an inside across the hall. But DH also wants to move away from Caribe deck. Of course it's a very port intensive cruise and of the four of us, I'm probably the only one who likes to hang out on the balcony anyway. DH's complaint about Caribe deck is that it's a long way (3 or more floors either way) from both the pool decks/fitness center/buffet on the one hand and the entertainment decks/dining rooms/piazza. He'd like to move either up or down to be closer to one of those areas. His idea is to move up to Aloha deck but to get a balcony and an inside in the area under the Lido balcony cabins (in the 200's, close to the forward elevator/stairs), so that we aren't under the pool or Horizon Court. That way we can easily run up one flight to Lido deck or two flights up to the fitness center and youth center, and save the elevator for when we have to go to the entertainment decks.

Does this sound like a good plan? Any downsides to this location? Thanks for any feedback.:)

That wouldn't be a bad idea. The only downside I can see is the distance to the dining rooms.

We've had Aloha deck balconies on several occasions and like it! We enjoy being high up, close to the Horizon Court for early morning coffee runs, as well as having the protection overhead in case of rain. It's worth the smaller balcony! Yeah, we can hear the scrape of chairs being moved overhead now and then, but we can't hear it inside at night and it doesn't bothr us. The balconies below us are open to the elements and the eyes of nosy passengers. Not worth the extra few square feet of balcony space unless you want to sunbathe, I guess.:rolleyes:

Archived