First time in Suite..need advice

You're very welcome! Less than a month to go for you! :D

I've got a bunch of cruise food pics here if you want to do more drooling....

WARNING: Do not look when hungry! ;)

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560933191feRHJE

OK...stomach is rumbling now....usually I try to diet a bit before a cruise but whats the point ;)

Thanks

Kevin-

You will love the NCL suite life. I never knew about the suite perks until I found CC. I just thought the suites were bigger. I travel with my mom and I used to be HER butler and concierge... Now I get waited on too! Besides, we now book a suite with separate sleeping areas, it is much better for us.

Make sure all of the specialty menus are in your room and you can get the MDR ones too. That will help you plan. Also, if there is a chocolate buffet on your cruise tell your concierge you would love to go in early and take pictures.

The suitelife on NCL really elevated your cruise to the next level. Be ready to be spolied!

I am ready! Great info with the menu's.

Thanks

I just got off the Gem yesterday and the steak and eggs was my breakfast every morning. I found it to be the very best steak this time.

That picture was very cruel! :mad: I haven't even gone shopping yet since I have been home, so we have nothing in the house to eat right now and for some reason I keep calling the butler, but some woman comes on saying "the number I dialed is incomplete, try dialing again". :rolleyes:

Now what? Maybe I will just call NCL and book another cruise in a suite. ;)

I just got off the Gem yesterday and the steak and eggs was my breakfast every morning. I found it to be the very best steak this time.

That picture was very cruel! :mad: I haven't even gone shopping yet since I have been home, so we have nothing in the house to eat right now and for some reason I keep calling the butler, but some woman comes on saying "the number I dialed is incomplete, try dialing again". :rolleyes:

LOL... Good Idea !!!

Glad to hear that your steak and eggs was good this time!

Did you reach the butler yet!!! ;)

A few days later I gave up trying, then I woke up and found out "I am the butler"!! :eek: Life is cruel. lol

Can't wait for my next cruise!

Dawn

I'm the butler here too, so it's nice to have a real one every once in a while!

I can't wait for the next one either!!! We were going to go this month, but DH decided he had too much work to do on his vacation!!! :eek:

I'm thinking about the GV for my Mom's 90th birthday, but I'm still working on getting 2 more family members to join us to make it affordable. I never thought I'd stay in one of those, but Mom sure would love it!

Jackie

I'm the butler here too, so it's nice to have a real one every once in a while!

I can't wait for the next one either!!! We were going to go this month, but DH decided he had too much work to do on his vacation!!! :eek:

I'm thinking about the GV for my Mom's 90th birthday, but I'm still working on getting 2 more family members to join us to make it affordable. I never thought I'd stay in one of those, but Mom sure would love it!

Jackie

Wow Jackie, her 90th birthday!! That definitely deserves a stay in the GV. I say definitely do it for her. What a great gift, not only staying in the GV, but also being with loved ones. That can't be beat!

Dawn

Wow Jackie, her 90th birthday!! That definitely deserves a stay in the GV. I say definitely do it for her. What a great gift, not only staying in the GV, but also being with loved ones. That can't be beat!

Dawn

I asked her if she wanted to go on a cruise and she said, 'no'... I asked if she would go if my Aunt (her 93 year old sister) went and she said, 'maybe'!

I called my Aunt and she started packing!:D It would be great to go with them. 90 sure is a milestone for anyone!

GV sounds awesome. How many people can you fit into one of them?

My Father-in-law always took cruises with us. Right up until he passed away he would call me and say "Where and what ship are we going on this time?" He loved cruising. I made all the plans and made sure he was taken well care of. Every night at dinner he would love a beer and toast the trip. The crew of NCL always treated him special and were all calling him Poppi during the cruise.

After my Father-in-law passed away, he was cremated. We still take him cruising with us. A small jar of his ashes always come with us. We toast him at dinner and know he is still cruising with us. Many times it seems that we are unable to cruise for financial reasons or just not being able to swing it at certain times in our lives. But then something always happens to make it happen. I truly believe that Poppi is up there helping us get on our cruises and coming with us to this day. We are sailing the Jewel on May 1st. We were not going to go but something made us feel that we should be going. We booked a mini suite... our very first. We always book just normal balconies. Then we are given a chance to upsell for a very good price and now are in a AB Penthouse. Thanks Poppi ;)

I believe you can have up to 8 people in the GV, but I'm trying for 6. I'm not sure where the 7th & 8th person would sleep since there are only 3 bedrooms. I'm guessing the couch opens?

What a wonderful story about your Poppi! Great memories for you and your family!

He's going to love that AB, and so are you!

My Mom has only been on 1 cruise with my Dad and about 12 other family members. It was on the Michealangelo back in 1971. They went to Italy, Spain and Portugal and had a ball together. They took some old home movies and it's so much fun to watch them.

I believe you can have up to 8 people in the GV, but I'm trying for 6. I'm not sure where the 7th & 8th person would sleep since there are only 3 bedrooms. I'm guessing the couch opens?

What a wonderful story about your Poppi! Great memories for you and your family!

My Mom has only been on 1 cruise with my Dad and about 12 other family members. It was on the Michealangelo back in 1971. They went to Italy, Spain and Portugal and had a ball together. They took some old home movies and it's so much fun to watch them.

Wow. That sounds like a great plan for your mom's birthday. When is it and will you be celebrating it on the ship? :)

Wow. That sounds like a great plan for your mom's birthday. When is it and will you be celebrating it on the ship? :)

Her birthday is May 18th and we're also going to have a party for her. I doubt we'll be on the ship for her actual birthday. We will celebrate it though when we're on the ship though! I hope I'll be able to book it. I feel bad leaving DH home though. :(

We have seven in a GV next June on the Gem. The 7th and 8th passengers have rollaways; the couch does not open up into a bed. We are still figuring out where my 19-year-old nephew (the lucky rollaway recipient) ;) is going to end up. It will fit in the bedrooms and of course in the main living area too. Just FYI on how that works. :)

GV sounds awesome. How many people can you fit into one of them?

My Father-in-law always took cruises with us. Right up until he passed away he would call me and say "Where and what ship are we going on this time?" He loved cruising. I made all the plans and made sure he was taken well care of. Every night at dinner he would love a beer and toast the trip. The crew of NCL always treated him special and were all calling him Poppi during the cruise.

After my Father-in-law passed away, he was cremated. We still take him cruising with us. A small jar of his ashes always come with us. We toast him at dinner and know he is still cruising with us. Many times it seems that we are unable to cruise for financial reasons or just not being able to swing it at certain times in our lives. But then something always happens to make it happen. I truly believe that Poppi is up there helping us get on our cruises and coming with us to this day. We are sailing the Jewel on May 1st. We were not going to go but something made us feel that we should be going. We booked a mini suite... our very first. We always book just normal balconies. Then we are given a chance to upsell for a very good price and now are in a AB Penthouse. Thanks Poppi ;)

This is the sweetest story! I've loved following your upsell journey (I feel like I almost know you), and to now know some of your back story I am happier than ever for you. Have a fantastic time!

This is the sweetest story! I've loved following your upsell journey (I feel like I almost know you), and to now know some of your back story I am happier than ever for you. Have a fantastic time!

Thank you both for the kind words. I hope my children take me cruising with them ( Hopefully MANY MANY years from now...lol ) :D

Thank you both for the kind words. I hope my children take me cruising with them ( Hopefully MANY MANY years from now...lol ) :D

I hope they do too!

Only 2 weeks to go for you!:eek: :D Have a great time!

Jackie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived