GLORY Camp Carnival??

nidaco

I was wondering if anyone has recently returned from the Glory and used the camp, specifically the 2-5 year olds and 9-11 year olds.

About 3 years ago we had a very negative experience with the camp on the Miracle and I swore I would never sail on Carnival again (although everything else was awesome on the Miracel). Well, now I'm eating those words. We're able to take two cruieses for the price of one on RCCL. By the way, we loved the camp on RCCL. Okay, enough rattling on.

Basically, I want to know if the counselors are engaged and interact with children. On the Miracle it seemed like they (all) couldn't be bothered and did not try to make the children feel welcomed and wanted. We'll be on the Glory in about two weeks and I would like my oldest to have a more positive experience. I'm an elementary school children so I have an idea should be expected.

We'll be on the Dream this summer, so if anyone has any input about their camp, would love to hear about that as well.

Nicole:)

We were onboard the week after Thanksgiving, though I'm not sure when the individual CC staff's contracts are up, my kids had a BLAST. Within our group, we had kids in each of the age groups and every single one of them begged to go to Camp at every opportunity. My 4 YO nephew says Camp was his favorite part of the whole trip.

We were on the Glory in March '09. I had a 3 year old and a 10 year old. Both loved Camp Carnival and spent as much time there as I let them. The male counsellor for the 2-5 year old group was especially great. Camp Carnival was the highlight of our trip.

So glad to hear about some positive experiences. What happened on the Miracle left a real bad. Will report back about our (hopefully) positive experience on the Glory. :)

Nicole

We were on the Glory in January 2010 with our two kids, ages 5 and 11 months. It was OK...we didn't find the staff fantastic, but didn't have any serious concerns. Our five year old enjoyed it, but certainly wasn't fanatical about always wanting to go, as others have suggested on these boards (and that was OK - actually it was the right mix of her having her 'own time' and family time)...she went for approx. 2 hrs per day, usually after having dinner with us.

We did try dropping our baby for the babysitting one afternoon (they offer this from noon to 2pm as I recall)...we were a bit concerned that when picking her up they had her in her stroller. Wasn't ideal as the whole point of camp carnival for her was to give her a chance to crawl around a bit - that was the biggest challenge of travelling with a baby near one year - she always wanted to crawl and explore.

One other thing - a few of the camp carnival staff I chatted with mentioned they were transfering to other ships...seemed like most of the staff were being reposted at the time the Glory was going into dry dock (early February)...I wouldn't be surprised if post dry-dock it's mostly new staff, probably brought over from other ships...

I find camp to be pretty consistent across the board, though I am sure there are times that are better and others that are not.

We were on the Glory in August last year with our DS (then 5 and 11) and they had fun as always. We will be on her again in June and I will post a review of the Canada run.

Archived