Question on the fridges in the cabin

LadyPandora407

Small fridge no freezer -- always ice cubes in container in fridge. Others have said that could have the infamous Stuart put it in freezer for you or perhaps ask medical center to keep ice pack for you if for medical reason.

Does anyone know if the fridges have a little freezer compartment that would hold a couple ice packs?

We were on the Caribe deck, standard balcony cabin, and there was a very small freezer compartment, just big enough to hold two small ice packs that my buddy was able to use to keep his insulin cold when we went off the ship.

We were on the Caribe deck, standard balcony cabin, and there was a very small freezer compartment, just big enough to hold two small ice packs that my buddy was able to use to keep his insulin cold when we went off the ship.

I am guessing here that you are confusing the top shelf in the frig with a freezer section. Yes, the items you place on the top shelf seem to keep a bit colder but they will not freeze ice packs (that I have ever seen), but it is not a freezer section of the frig. Not unless you had them deliver a special frig to your stateroom. As there are no freezers in the cabin frigs on any of the Princess ships in any category stateroom. Did the small section you are describing have an extra door on it? If not, it was just the top shelf of the mini frig. ;)

Ice cold fridge.Crank that baby up all the way and put a champagne bucket in there full of ice and/or beer and it will stay frozen for days!Just take the bracket off the door of the fridge to allow more space in fridge!You can also fit a small pitcher full of cranberry juice or whatever you like with your vodka.Plus cans of soda as well!

I am guessing here that you are confusing the top shelf in the frig with a freezer section. Yes, the items you place on the top shelf seem to keep a bit colder but they will not freeze ice packs (that I have ever seen), but it is not a freezer section of the frig. Not unless you had them deliver a special frig to your stateroom. As there are no freezers in the cabin frigs on any of the Princess ships in any category stateroom. Did the small section you are describing have an extra door on it? If not, it was just the top shelf of the mini frig. ;)

That very well may be the case, though we just assumed it was a normal fridge. Due to health issues, we had made a number of pre-board requests, including insulin storage, so they may have put a special one in the room. It was similar inside to the one in the photo, but had a metal shelf type thing at the top, which, while it had no door, was capable of keeping the ice packs frozen not just cold.

Archived