Gem penthouse 9000 v. 10000

2tnts

Just booked 10000 on the Gem to Bermuda to beat price increases. Did not have a look at the floor plan prior to booking. I just looked and the cabins on deck 9 appear to be larger than the deck 10 cabins. It is opposite for the balconies. With deck 10 having what appears to be larger.

Does anyone know if the cabins are larger on deck 9?

Still looking at deck plans and thinking about changing cabins for what appears to be a larger cabin on deck 9. Any thoughts or suggestions - deck 9 forward penthouse of a forward penthouse on deck 10?

I am not sure about your cabin, but I know the AA suites on the Gem differ in size between deck 9 and deck 10. When I was on the phone with NCL they told me our cabin on deck 9 (9504) had 543 sq ft of cabin space and 248 sq ft of balcony space while the AA suites on deck 10 had 673 sq ft of cabin space and 151 sq ft of balcony space. The deck 9 AAs are a total of 30 sq ft smaller, but have larger balcony's. I was thinking of trying to move up to deck 10 (only one left) but I don't know if it is worth the effort.

All that said, there does seem to be differences in the cabins of the same category on different decks.

I have stayed in 10500 on the Jewel and remember our butler telling us that the balconies on 9th floor were even bigger than the one we had.

Never had the opportunity to check them out myself, so relly not sure. We were completely satisfied with 10500, both inside and out.

I don't have pictures of the exact rooms you're asking about, but I do have Gem pics of AA 10004 and AC 9500. We met people who were staying in 9500, and the balcony is huge. We were in 10004 and the forward balcony wasn't as big as on deck 9 on the Dawn. I know that deck 10 had more interior room, but didn't notice it. I did notice the difference in the balconies though.

Have a great cruise! Whatever you decide, you can't go wrong!:D

You can check out the pics if you'd like.

9500 pics http://travel.webshots.com/album/564962717rPyLbU

10004 pics They're about 1/2 way down the page.

http://community.webshots.com/user/angeljt

we cruised on Gem 2x --once on deck 10 in the front and once deck 9-the rooms were in the very fron of the ship below the bridge

deck 9 had larger balconies--large enough to easily hold 2 chairs 2 lounges and a table and plenty of room after--you gain the fron angle of the ship on deck 9--deck 9 alos has some of the deck under cover and some not.

I think the rooms are slightly larger on deck 10 and balcony smaller as well

only problem is if you want to walk to the rear of the ship it will take awhile yo will need a bus.

you are also about 10-12 rooms away from the elevator

I think if you want the cabin space, stay on deck 10. If you want more balcony, then deck 9 is better. For us that balcony up front on deck 10 is large enough, so I called and just got confirmation that they moved us up from 9504 to 10004 and now we are really happy. Good luck!

I think if you want the cabin space, stay on deck 10. If you want more balcony, then deck 9 is better. For us that balcony up front on deck 10 is large enough, so I called and just got confirmation that they moved us up from 9504 to 10004 and now we are really happy. Good luck!

You're going to love 10004!!! The bathroom is great.

Good choice either way, but I think you'll like deck 10!

This is 10002 on the Gem.

2177451560051977359S425x425Q85.jpg

10004 bath

2850006620051977359S425x425Q85.jpg

The bigger bath and living/dining room were the reasons we switched decks to deck 10. We are very excited for our trip. We keep forgetting the 3 nights in Paris (dinner in the Eiffel and Moulin Rouge) because we are so excited about the cruise. Plus, I haven't seen my wife since January (silly military splitting us up!).

The bigger bath and living/dining room were the reasons we switched decks to deck 10. We are very excited for our trip. We keep forgetting the 3 nights in Paris (dinner in the Eiffel and Moulin Rouge) because we are so excited about the cruise. Plus, I haven't seen my wife since January (silly military splitting us up!).

What a great way to 'visit' with each other!!! Glad you will get to spend some quality time together on a wonderful vacation! I would be more excited about the cruise with the AA too, but I know you'll both enjoy Paris also!

I liked the dining alcove on deck 10. It does seem to give you more room. You're going to have a GREAT time!

There is also a Bose stereo system with CD's in the room. You can bring your own if you have favorites though.

Archived