Red sea celebration first cruise

We travel to egypt for a week at Sharm then onto the Celebration for the second week. Thanks for your advice we are really looking forward to our very first cruise.:)

We travel to egypt for a week at Sharm then onto the Celebration for the second week. Thanks for your advice we are really looking forward to our very first cruise.:)

Have a fantastic time :cool: and tell all when you come back :)

mrs.c

You will really like it, the ship, food and staff are brilliant, drinks prices are not bad for a floating hotel and you can eat when and where you want. Weather was wonderful apart from the trip to Petra where it rained all day so check the forecast as you could always go there again another year when you next vist Sharm! I thought the excursions were a bit pricey, we only did Cairo and the Pyramids which was brilliant, Cairo is a fantastic mad whacky city that I would love to spend more time in and I thought we would be too exhausted to do Luxor as well so we'll leave that for another time probably a Nile cruise next year. Hurgada is odd, I thought it was a concrete monstrosity where you could not get on any beaches as they all seemed private belonging to hotels, you would probably be better of going on an excursion to a hotel with a beach, we signed up for the shopping in Hurgada excursion and I don't know why, must have been the sun as my No 1 hate is shopping. Got cheap internet access and a coffee no problem though. Aquaba was a funny little place, one manic public beach definitely not for relaxing reading a book but handy for the internet cafe as internet access on the ship is very slow and very expensive.

Could not agree with you more :mad: it,s rediculous :(

mrs.c

WE had a lovely cruise on this ship last Oct/ Nov around the east Med and red sea. It was lovely friendly ship and great fun despite the whingeing minority who were not only rude to the crew and quite frankly should have stuck to their 2 weeks in Benidorm. However that said we did have a bumpy start to the cruise when we felt like a boomerang on our 2 abortive attempts to fly from manchester to Corfu due to engineering problems with the plane. Third time lucky after a night in Bewleys Hotel in Manchester we flew to Athens instead and to their credit Thomsons did put us up in the Athens Hilton until the Ship caught us up.

Like I said the ship is no QM2 but a lovely ship and good fun, we had a nice journey and enjoyed the food. Cabins are comfortable and the cabin staff are so sweet. The entertainers are great, the croupiers are just a little too good (hahahaha) I lost for the 1st time in 5 years.

My biigest gripe and I have taken this up with Thomsons themselves and received no satisfaction was that the disabled assisstance at Sharm El Sheikh was awful and the plane they flew us back to the UK was so uncomfortable and not at all acceptable when they knew what we had gone threw on the way there. Seemed to me that once Thomsons have your money if things are not up to scratch they are not interested. My advice is do not take Thomsons Gold Insurance from AXA it is pitiful and hardly worth it!!

Archived