Book Blue Lagoon thru Carnival/add on Dolphins?

We<3WDW

I see that you can book a beach day at Blue Lagoon thru Carnival but they don't offer the dolphin encounter package. If you book thru Carnival can you add on the dolphins when you get there or contact them after you book to arrrange it?

We didn't sail with Carnival, but it would be my guess that it would be cheaper to book completely independently. We booked independently without any problems. We just booked the beach day but if you book the animal encounters you are able to use the beach or upgrade to the Beach Day as well to include lunch and use of water 'toys'. Have you checked out their website?

http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/

I'm new to this and excursions so I had a few questions if someone could answer them for me.

The Blue Lagoon sounds like a lot of fun! Would it be safer to book through Carnival compared to privately through their website? What is the weather isn't favorable do you lose out?

Also, when you sign up for the excursion whether through Carnival or privately how do you know where to go when you get off the ship to get to the.. island is it?

Thanks so much!

I'm new to this and excursions so I had a few questions if someone could answer them for me.

The Blue Lagoon sounds like a lot of fun! Would it be safer to book through Carnival compared to privately through their website? What is the weather isn't favorable do you lose out?

Also, when you sign up for the excursion whether through Carnival or privately how do you know where to go when you get off the ship to get to the.. island is it?

Thanks so much!

We cannot say enough about our time at Blue Lagoon! You can read my review in other posts on this board if you search Blue Lagoon. We booked independently because the ship was sold out but it couldn't have been easier. We had actually been told that people who booked independently could use the same transportation as those from the ship so I emailed and asked and that's what we did (although I've said I wouldn't recommend that because we would have rather had more time at the island). But to answer your question specifically, we were able to meet the representatives from Blue Lagoon island literally right off the ship with everyone else who was going from the ship. If you choose not to go with that group then you will need to take a taxi, which also wouldn't be difficult. The taxi will take you to the Ferry Terminal where you will check in and take the boat over the Blue Lagoon Island (probably about a 20 minute trip). If you go with the ship, you will walk to a boat which takes you straight over to the island. I have heard a few people say their boat stopped at the Ferry Terminal, but ours was full and went straight to the island. You are able to leave the island at 1pm, 2pm and 4pm and on the way back the boat stops at the Ferry Terminal but an announcement was made that all cruise passengers stay on board and we were all taken to where we got on, closer to the cruise ships. They did not check who booked with the ship or not so it seems as though anyone can take the boat back closer to the ships even if they took a taxi to the Ferry Terminal to start with.

I'm almost positive that the only time you are able to get your money back if you book independently is if the ship doesn't dock for some reason. The island is incredible and their staff was great! I emailed them a few times and they were very helpful. If you haven't already, check out their website! http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/

If you have any other questions I can try to answer them for you.

We cannot say enough about our time at Blue Lagoon! You can read my review in other posts on this board if you search Blue Lagoon. We booked independently because the ship was sold out but it couldn't have been easier. We had actually been told that people who booked independently could use the same transportation as those from the ship so I emailed and asked and that's what we did (although I've said I wouldn't recommend that because we would have rather had more time at the island). But to answer your question specifically, we were able to meet the representatives from Blue Lagoon island literally right off the ship with everyone else who was going from the ship. If you choose not to go with that group then you will need to take a taxi, which also wouldn't be difficult. The taxi will take you to the Ferry Terminal where you will check in and take the boat over the Blue Lagoon Island (probably about a 20 minute trip). If you go with the ship, you will walk to a boat which takes you straight over to the island. I have heard a few people say their boat stopped at the Ferry Terminal, but ours was full and went straight to the island. You are able to leave the island at 1pm, 2pm and 4pm and on the way back the boat stops at the Ferry Terminal but an announcement was made that all cruise passengers stay on board and we were all taken to where we got on, closer to the cruise ships. They did not check who booked with the ship or not so it seems as though anyone can take the boat back closer to the ships even if they took a taxi to the Ferry Terminal to start with.

I'm almost positive that the only time you are able to get your money back if you book independently is if the ship doesn't dock for some reason. The island is incredible and their staff was great! I emailed them a few times and they were very helpful. If you haven't already, check out their website! http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/

If you have any other questions I can try to answer them for you.

Thanks so much for the info! :D Do you know if you book through Carnival how much more it is? Does booking through carnival give you a refund if you are "rained out"?

I have soo many questions haha so new to this

Do they tell you what time you have to meet a group to go over there? As I recall from my Cruise where we stopped at Cozumel there were people holding signs for certain excursions... is that the case for this?

On my first cruise we didn't book anything because it kind of seemed so confusing but now I really want to for the family cruise! :)

We actually didn't sail on a Carnival ship so I'm not sure on their policies. When we tried to book through our cruise line, it was sold out so I looked into booking independently. Through the cruise line, for two of us it was $120 I believe for the beach day and independently it was $90. We thought the difference in price would be made up in taxi fare but that changed when we were able to go with the group from the ship so it was cheaper to book on our own. We did wish we had gone earlier on our own instead of waiting for the group with the ship so we had more time there.

Whether you book on your own or through the ship they will tell you what time to meet their representatives and yes it is very similar to what you describe with the representatives holding signs. You really can't miss it. If you need to catch a taxi you walk to the right once you're off the ship and there are lots of taxis available. We were told it should be able $5/person.

Don't feel bad about asking questions, I had lots of questions as this was our first cruise, but excursions are very easy (otherwise people wouldn't do them). We booked one through the ship and one on our own and both were equally great and very stressfree!

I don't know how old your family is - I'm assuming you mean you have kids when you say you want to bring your family - but Blue Lagoon is great for any age! The dolphins are right there when you get off the boat so even if you don't do an encounter you can still see them up close and same with the sealions. I didn't know what to expect when they said we'd be able to see them but you get to be pretty close up.

If you do the Beach Day you get lunch and use of the water toys. Some (like paddle boats are extra cost). It's my understanding if you do one of the animal encounters you're free to enjoy the beach or you can do the 'upgrade' which basically gets you what the Beach Day offers so lunch and water toys. We used the inner tubes, but could have survived without them. The water is really shallow so it's not cold or anything.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask whatever you need! I lived by this board before we left so I'm happy to give the information in return! :)

Thanks so much for the info! :D Do you know if you book through Carnival how much more it is? Does booking through carnival give you a refund if you are "rained out"?

I'm only going from hearsay, but we were at Blue Lagoon mid-March, and there was a couple we spoke to who were paying $135 for beach day with lunch through Carnival - when normally that costs $45 booked directly. I know the day we all went on the Pride the carnival excursion did not start until 1pm and had to start leaving Blue Lagoon at 4pm so the passengers I spoke to were very disappointed. (too short for the money)

Having said that, you can't book a "beach day" on Thursday (beach "closed" to outside bookings on Thurs & Sunday), except through Carnival, but you CAN book an animal encounter ($80 for sea lion encounter, $99 for dolphin encounter, more for dolphin push) and buy lunch for $12. Our kids did the Sea Lion thing and we bought observer passes for $25 each because we weren't interested in getting in the water with the animals. We got to watch and take pictures from the dock which was great.

We got transportation from the dock to Blue lagoon, but sometimes one has to take a cab to paradise island. ($4 pp)

It's DIRT SIMPLE to go to blue lagoon on your own - even if you have to take a cab to Paradise Island Ferry. Just make sure the timing and the activities work for you. Their website tells you all the scheduling.

I know that if the ship does not dock at Paradise Island, you do get a refund, but otherwise you won't, so I guess you take your chances. You also get a refund if the weather is unsafe and they cancel. But... we would have went for the animal encounter had it been cooler or just rainy because they do give wetsuits and rain would affect most things we were interested in doing anyway.

I'm only going from hearsay, but we were at Blue Lagoon mid-March, and there was a couple we spoke to who were paying $135 for beach day with lunch through Carnival - when normally that costs $45 booked directly. I know the day we all went on the Pride the carnival excursion did not start until 1pm and had to start leaving Blue Lagoon at 4pm so the passengers I spoke to were very disappointed. (too short for the money)

Having said that, you can't book a "beach day" on Thursday (beach "closed" to outside bookings on Thurs & Sunday), except through Carnival, but you CAN book an animal encounter ($80 for sea lion encounter, $99 for dolphin encounter, more for dolphin push) and buy lunch for $12. Our kids did the Sea Lion thing and we bought observer passes for $25 each because we weren't interested in getting in the water with the animals. We got to watch and take pictures from the dock which was great.

We got transportation from the dock to Blue lagoon, but sometimes one has to take a cab to paradise island. ($4 pp)

It's DIRT SIMPLE to go to blue lagoon on your own - even if you have to take a cab to Paradise Island Ferry. Just make sure the timing and the activities work for you. Their website tells you all the scheduling.

I know that if the ship does not dock at Paradise Island, you do get a refund, but otherwise you won't, so I guess you take your chances. You also get a refund if the weather is unsafe and they cancel. But... we would have went for the animal encounter had it been cooler or just rainy because they do give wetsuits and rain would affect most things we were interested in doing anyway.

Thanks a lot! I think I read on the website times that Ferrys go.. if you ask locals will they know what you're talking about when you say you needed transportation to paradise island? Didn't someone mention the Ferry isn't too far from where the ships dock?

My family is pretty excited about doing this :) We will most likely book privately

Once you book they provide you with very detailed information where to go. You are only able to walk to the boat if you go with the group from the ship. The other Ferries leave from the terminal. This is the information that was on our reservation (once we pre-paid they sent even more information about what to bring etc):

From the cruise ship dock you are able to take a taxi over to our departure point (not within walking distance). The taxis are a five minutes walk into Nassau; from the cruise ship dock they are located on the right. Prior to getting in the taxi, inform the driver that you are going to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal between the two bridges, the fare is about $4.00 per-person one way but you can double check with the driver. The duration of the taxi is about 10 minutes from the cruise ship dock over to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal.

Once you book they provide you with very detailed information where to go. You are only able to walk to the boat if you go with the group from the ship. The other Ferries leave from the terminal. This is the information that was on our reservation (once we pre-paid they sent even more information about what to bring etc):

From the cruise ship dock you are able to take a taxi over to our departure point (not within walking distance). The taxis are a five minutes walk into Nassau; from the cruise ship dock they are located on the right. Prior to getting in the taxi, inform the driver that you are going to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal between the two bridges, the fare is about $4.00 per-person one way but you can double check with the driver. The duration of the taxi is about 10 minutes from the cruise ship dock over to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal.

Awesome! So you walk down the dock where the ships park and taxis are to the right.... tell the driver where we are going and we will be taken to where the ferries go to the island correct? I know the website said to check in 30 minutes before scheduled departure times on the website. Are there taxis around that area to take you back to the ships after or will that be hard to find them?

Im such a worry wart but I'm just a 19 year old planning all this stuff for my family because they aren't good at web searching and one of my biggest fears is getting lost hahahahaha.

Thanks!

So for the $45 per adult person, what is included again? I'm looking at the website and it confuses me a little :P

Also, what is the $30 Blue Lagoon Beach Day Upgrade? http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/reservations.php

Awesome! So you walk down the dock where the ships park and taxis are to the right.... tell the driver where we are going and we will be taken to where the ferries go to the island correct? I know the website said to check in 30 minutes before scheduled departure times on the website. Are there taxis around that area to take you back to the ships after or will that be hard to find them?

Im such a worry wart but I'm just a 19 year old planning all this stuff for my family because they aren't good at web searching and one of my biggest fears is getting lost hahahahaha.

Thanks!

So for the $45 per adult person, what is included again? I'm looking at the website and it confuses me a little :P

Also, what is the $30 Blue Lagoon Beach Day Upgrade? http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/reservations.php

Once you tell the driver where you are going you should have no problem at all! And I had never been to Nassau before, but it's extremely obvious where to go once you're off the ship. Everyone is going the same way and walking anywhere but right will get you a walk into the water. The taxi drivers will know exactly where you need to go, they go there often. On the way back, you can get off at the Ferry Terminal if you choose to and you will be able to get a taxi from there BUT when we were on our way back they made an announcement as we were approaching the Ferry Terminal that all cruise passengers should stay on board. So we did and we were brought much closer to the ships and were able to just walk back to the ship. We booked independently as well so you should just be able to stay on the ferry and skip the cab back.

The $45/adult is for the Beach Day - you get to enjoy the beautiful beach, lunch (a hot sandwich, fruit punch, apple and a bag of chips), and use of some of the water toys (like the inner tubes and pool noodles). Lunch was pretty good. I had grilled chicken and my boyfriend had a hamburger. We used the inner tubes and there was a family sitting near us who got a paddle boat which costs extra but I'm not sure what the cost was. I believe it says on the website that you can see the sealions and the dolphins and I wasn't sure how true this would be but it really is! You're able to see the dolphins up close and same with the sealions! One of the dolphins was throwing his football up to us on the dock when we were there! I thought it was great!

The $30 upgrade is for those who are doing either the dolphin encounter or the sealion encounter. After/Before these encounters you are free to enjoy the beach, however, with that $30 upgrade you get lunch and use of the water toys. If you're just doing the Beach Day, don't worry about this - you just need the $45/adult Beach Day. If you're swimming with the dolphins or sealions you can add this on.

I understand your worries, but once you do it you'll see how easy it really is! The last ferry leaves to go back to the ships at 4pm so just make sure you're on it haha

My only other advice is to go as early as you can! The group from the ship arrived around 11am so going before that you can choose where you'd like to sit and check stuff out before more people come. By no means was it overcrowded, but just a lot more people coming at once with the ship obviously. We wished we had come earlier, we loved it there!

Sorry, I should also mention to make sure you're not there on a Thursday or a Sunday otherwise you have to book through the ship! But I think someone said that already!

Thanks a ton all the info was really helpful! :D

I hope your family enjoys it as much as we did! Have a safe trip! :)

I came on to ask the exact same questions that many other people did. Thanks so much for all your helpful advice! We're on the Carnival Sensation leaving April 25. Blue Lagoon sounds amazing! I think we'll be doing something similar at Paradise Cove in Freeport. Has anyone been there?

Thanks again!!!!

We are booked on the Pride, so we'll be in Nassau on a Thursday. If we booked the Blue Lagoon excursion from Carnival it is $66.00 per person.

We get in at 11AM. So my question is...What time will we get to Blue Lagoon? What if we want to book a dolphin or sea lion encounter? Can we just pay for that when we get over there? Will we have enough time before we have to leave to head back to ship? Can someone with Pride experience let me know how it all worked out for you? :confused:

Just got back on the Pride. Save your money on the beach day, if you want to do an animal encounter - there just isn't enough time to do both. Book the encounter directly through Blue Lagoon. Stay on the ship until 12:30, have a nice lunch and then catch a taxi to the ferry terminal. We went over on the 1:30 ferry, and did the animal encounter (which takes about 1 1/2 hours), swam about 1/2 hour at the beach and caught the 4:15 ferry back. You can take a water taxi right from where the ship docks to the ferry terminal. The ferry on the way back will take you right to the ship dock. It was so much fun!

Just got back on the Pride. Save your money on the beach day, if you want to do an animal encounter - there just isn't enough time to do both. Book the encounter directly through Blue Lagoon. Stay on the ship until 12:30, have a nice lunch and then catch a taxi to the ferry terminal. We went over on the 1:30 ferry, and did the animal encounter (which takes about 1 1/2 hours), swam about 1/2 hour at the beach and caught the 4:15 ferry back. You can take a water taxi right from where the ship docks to the ferry terminal. The ferry on the way back will take you right to the ship dock. It was so much fun!

I came on to look at the transportation advice one more time before we leave (26 days!). I'm not only the planner for our family but the obsesser when it comes to details LOL. From Falkor's review I want to stay at the paradise island terminal so we can go see the aquarium after hours (5pm) and not have to pay for it. Cheap I know but saving money is all part oif the fun LOL. Can you tell me if there was an option to get off at paradise island on the way back from blue lagoon? Thanks

Yes. The ferry stopped at the Ferry Terminal on the way back for anyone who needed to get off there (ie. people staying at hotels, or just wanting to explore further from there etc). There was an announcement made that cruise passengers can stay on board and be brought closer to the ships, but you are able to get off there if that's what you're planning to do.

I'm not only the planner for our family but the obsesser when it comes to details LOL. From Falkor's review I want to stay at the paradise island terminal so we can go see the aquarium after hours (5pm) and not have to pay for it. Cheap I know but saving money is all part oif the fun LOL. Can you tell me if there was an option to get off at paradise island on the way back from blue lagoon? Thanks

obsessor? My binder was an inch thick :D - and putting it together half the fun. (can you believe I left the port canaveral section at home by accident ??!!!)

We did exactly what you are planning to do and it worked out great. Have fun on your trip.

obsessor? My binder was an inch thick :D - and putting it together half the fun. (can you believe I left the port canaveral section at home by accident ??!!!)

We did exactly what you are planning to do and it worked out great. Have fun on your trip.

Glad to hear it worked out great! Can you tell me how tough it is to find from where the ferry drops you off? Are there signs and such? Thanks in advance!

Thanks everyone for all the great info! We're going to Nassau for the 1st time this summer and have been trying to decide what to do. Blue Lagoon sounds perfect! We usually take tours thru the ship but it sounds like it's pretty easy - and more economical - to book directly with Blue Lagoon. We'd like to go early before the rest of the passengers get there. Does anyone know how early we can go? We'd like to go right after breakfast. Can we go right when the ship docks? Are there ferry's that early?

Thanks everyone for all the great info! We're going to Nassau for the 1st time this summer and have been trying to decide what to do. Blue Lagoon sounds perfect! We usually take tours thru the ship but it sounds like it's pretty easy - and more economical - to book directly with Blue Lagoon. We'd like to go early before the rest of the passengers get there. Does anyone know how early we can go? We'd like to go right after breakfast. Can we go right when the ship docks? Are there ferry's that early?

I don't know when you're getting into port but this is from their website....

"Our boats depart for Blue Lagoon Island at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Our boats depart from Blue Lagoon Island at: 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m."

We wish we'd gone earlier! Have fun!!!

We just got back from sailing on the Carnival Destiny on Saturday. We were in Nassau on Friday and went to Blue Lagoon. I booked this excursion directly through Dolphin Encounters for my husband and I and our 9-year old son. It couldn't be more simple! The first thing I recommend is catching that first boat over to Blue Lagoon at 8:30. I was so happy that we did that -- we had our encounter right away at 9:00 and then spent the rest of the day on the beach and took the 2:00 tender back -- directly to the ship, they didn't even stop at the ferry terminal. The staff at Blue Lagoon are all very friendly and helpful. We also had lunch, which consisted of your choice of burgers, hot dogs, chicken breast or veggie burger, french fries, orange slices and punch. In my opinion, it was worth paying for the lunch upgrade -- plenty of food and delicious. Here's some pictures:

23558_1410614990734_1393269183_1125567_7781459_s.jpg23558_1410615110737_1393269183_1125568_840469_s.jpg23558_1410616150763_1393269183_1125573_6933358_s.jpg

23558_1410594110212_1393269183_1125513_180280_s.jpg23558_1410603390444_1393269183_1125540_2507918_s.jpg

Archived