Wine question

cage keeper

I know you can bring two bottles per cabin. Can I bring two boxes? We are doing a B to B and fasmily members are joining us for the second half. Will I be able to bring on wine for them? They will be flying in so it would just be easier for me.

I know you can bring two bottles per cabin. Can I bring two boxes? We are doing a B to B and fasmily members are joining us for the second half. Will I be able to bring on wine for them? They will be flying in so it would just be easier for me.

The rules are posted and discussed on this forum. We found that Celebrity was very liberal in their 2 wine bottle rule (we brought on 2 1.5 liter bottles of our favorite wines on the Equinox last year). I'm glad we did as we tried over 12 different bottles of Celebrity inventoried wines and found only 2 that we liked sort of).

You can openly carry on two bottles. Even the larger size. I have not seen two boxes carried on openly.

Now if you want to pack it in your suitcase, you can try. But know that security has been going thru bags on the hunt for smuggling as of late. So you might be missing it when you arrive. :eek:

Your family members should carry their own onboard. It's not a big deal to stop on the way to the pier. Many X cruisers do just that. And by the way, since you will be leaving the ship and getting back on, you can pick up another two bottles for your next cruise.

My philosophy is...Two bottles per stateroom is something. Better than nothing, especially if what you try sneaking onboard is all taken from you. ;)

You can openly carry on two bottles. Even the larger size. I have not seen two boxes carried on openly.

Now if you want to pack it in your suitcase, you can try. But know that security has been going thru bags on the hunt for smuggling as of late. So you might be missing it when you arrive. :eek:

Your family members should carry their own onboard. It's not a big deal to stop on the way to the pier. Many X cruisers do just that. And by the way, since you will be leaving the ship and getting back on, you can pick up another two bottles for your next cruise.

My philosophy is...Two bottles per stateroom is something. Better than nothing, especially if what you try sneaking onboard is all taken from you. ;)

Thank you. I am only looking for what is allowed. I think that would be the best. I do plan to get off the ship in Vancouver so I can pick it up for everyone and hand it to them before we all board. I just thought the box wine would travel better and there are some that are just fine to me.

There are threads here on Celeb concerning boxed wine even responses similar to your question as late as February--in general, Celeb seems to be letting in two 1.5L boxes go through without any problem but at times giving grief to those who carry in 3L boxes.

There are threads here on Celeb concerning boxed wine even responses similar to your question as late as February--in general, Celeb seems to be letting in two 1.5L boxes go through without any problem but at times giving grief to those who carry in 3L boxes.

Thank You, good to know.

Archived