csa travel insurance question..

dis2cruise

if we bought travel insurance from the cruise line and we booked our own airfare would the airfare be covered too if we needed to cancel even though we didn't book the airfare though the cruiseline?

I'm confused -- do you mean would the airfare be covered by the cruise line policy? Or is CSA involved somehow? What cruise line?

Well, that's kind of a tough question. Cruise line insurance generally will not cover airline cancellation if you miss your trip entirely, and booked your own arrangements.

However, some policies may cover catching you up to your ship if you are delayed in transit, even if you did not purchase your air through the line.

SirWired

Carnival insurance covers non-cruise air, but that is the only one that I am aware of. Otherwise, you need to book a separate policy.

Royal Caribbean's web site has this:

"CruiseCare Travel Insurance provides cancellation and interruption protection for independently reserved air"

I've never gotten the details on this but if you can get your airfare insured at no additional cost then the CruiseCare becomes much more cost-effective for many cruisers especially if it's an exotic cruise to somewhere like the Far East or the South Pacific where air tickets can easily cost $1500 - $2000 per person.

I want to know that what is CSA travel insurance?Is it like the insurance policy?or something different?tell me about this.

CSA is an insurer that markets a number of different travel insurance plans. You can find out more at http://www.csatravelprotection.com

However, it looks like you're a resident of Pakistan. Unfortunately, CSA plans can only be purchased by residents of the US and Canada.

Archived