I nned a vote ! Cemetary vs Vodoo tour

NKG6002

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been on 4 different ghost tours in the french quarter with 4 different guides. They go to pretty much all the same places and tell basically the same stories/legends. However, your guide MAKES the tour. I have had 2 so so tours. 1 outstanding tour with a local woman who took us around to all the normal tour stops and pointed out places she had personally lived and experienced paranormal activity. She stopped the tour midway at John Laffite's Bar on Bourbon - which is a neat little place in it's self. We had a little drink and moved on. At the end she gave out coupons to local restaurants and bars. The worst tour, in my opinion, was a guy who was studying to be a librarian. He made it clear that he did not believe in ghosts, nor was he interested in myths or legends. He gave us nothing but THE FACTS on each stop.... LOL!

My advice would be to decide what kind of guide you would like. (Period dress and theatrics, a good story teller with some local color, a history buff, carriage and buggy guided tour, etc) Then, call a round to a few of the tour companies and see if they have a guide available that meets your needs. You can find phamplets all over the quarter for tours and most likely online. Also, you may be able to find some reliable reviews online. I know that I did online reviews for several of my guides - but it's been awhile...

Archived