Looking for hotel in Mobile...

thirsty

We stayed at the Hampton, it was very nice, short drive to the port, not bad. I know when we were there 2 years ago they had up big signs they were building a new one right down at the port so you might check them for a close one. I seem to remember they had a park and shuttle service for cruisers but we like to leave right away after the cruise so we paid to park at the pier.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn DOwntown. Cruise n Stay Room, included parking and transportation to the terminal and back. It was a very nice hotel and close to lots of restaurants and activities.

These all offer the cruise & park packages, but be prepared to pay more than the prices advertised on this site. When I called, they would not honor the prices listed on this website and the ones available were considerably higher.

Some of the pricing info on that website probably hasn't been updated in a couple of years.

We stayed at the Renaissance Riverview Plaza in September and it was 129.00 plus tax for 1 night with free parking in a covered garage for the whole cruise and they also dropped you off and picked you up at the cruise terminal. Beautiful hotel and great service. :D

I just got the Radisson Admiral Semmes Hotel for $64.00 on Priceline!! No cruise "package", but that's a great deal......

I got an awesome price on the Admial Semmes, too (actually lower than $64). The lot they use is $7/day if you pay on your own - so it's actually cheaper to do it on your own then to use their package. The only difference is no transportation - you have to get to the port on your own.

Great job on the deal - doesn't it feel AWESOME!!

Ashley :)

We stayed at the Renaissance Riverview Plaza last week. Great hotel overlooking the pier. They have one shuttle van and it is extremely slow.

When we checked in at the hotel around 3:00 p.m., we were told the first shuttle available was 11:30. I had requested an earlier shuttle when I made the reservation but that request was not honored.

They were running behind so we left closer to 12:00. We carried our luggage off the ship at 8:00 a.m. and the shuttle was not there. We were told the Renaissance shuttle hadn't come by the pier yet. Rather than waiting or walking, we decided to pay for a cab ($4.00 per person).

The Renaissance is a fantastic hotel. They just need to add an additional shuttle van to speed up the process.

These all offer the cruise & park packages, but be prepared to pay more than the prices advertised on this site. When I called, they would not honor the prices listed on this website and the ones available were considerably higher.

Some of the pricing info on that website probably hasn't been updated in a couple of years.

Thanks! Sorry about that. I'll quit posting that link.

I booked the park-n-cruise package at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel for this summer.

Thats strange, because when i called the raddisson, they asked what site was I looking at and what price, and thats what i got. I had to pay an extra $10.00 for my 16 yr old son to stay in the room wiht DH and I, but the park and ride package still came to $130 and change. thsi included the room, parking for the duration of the cruise and a $20.00 voucher for a meal.. Considering it's $75.00 to park for 5 nights at the pier, and taht we can avoid all the traffic, this aint too bad. Hope this helps.

baf

Archived