Shuttle Bus from Celebrity Solstice to Mykonos Town

europe10

These questions are for those who did the 11 Night Eastern Mediterranean Cruise on Celebrity Solstice last summer. I believe the ship arrived in Mykonos at 7am and departed at 3pm.

(1) For those who departed the ship early, how long did it take you to board the shuttle bus abd drive into Mykonos Town?

(2) I believe the drop off point in Mykonos Town was the North Bus Station. Is this correct?

(3) When was the LAST shuttle bus from Mykonos Town back to the NEW PORT at Tourlos? I read about the 10 Night Eastern Mediterranean Cruise on Solstice last summer. It departed Mykonos at 5pm and that the LAST shuttle from Mykonos Town departed at 3:45pm.

(4) Did anyone have an experience of "missing" the last shuttle bus? Were taxis available by the North Bus Station?

Thanks for your help

We did this cruise last autumn - the 28 September sailing from Civitavecchia. Departure from Mykonos was at 5pm or even 5:30, not 3pm. We didn't rush off the ship in the morning, just took our time - I suppose it was between 9:30 and 10 o'clock when we went down the gangway. There was a wait of about 5 minutes or so for a shuttle bus to arrive, then (IIRC) we sat on the bus for just a few minutes, and then we were off towards town. We probably got there around 10am, or even a bit before. Certainly we had time to wander around a bit, get lost on our way to the south bus station, find it, and all in time for the 10:30 bus to Platy Gialos.

We got back to town by 2:30 or so - we might have been on the 2:10 bus back from the beach. We found our way to Katerina's Bar before 3pm, had a beer on the terrace, and then walked round to the shuttle bus pick up point by about 3:30 or so. This lead to the only slight delay of the day: we couldn't see any shuttle buses there, and we were uncertain where to go. The confusion was compounded by the fact that a huge catamaran ferry had arrived in the old harbour, and hundreds of people were getting off; similarly, hundreds of people were queueing to get on, so there was a fair amount of confusion. After a wait of no more than 10 minutes a shuttle bus appeared, we got on it, and we were probably back on the ship by 4 o'clock or so.

Given that we were moving around well within the outer limits of the call, we didn't look for taxis at all, I'm afraid. I imagine, though, that the arriving passengers on the ferry would have totally swamped the island's taxi capacity.

I don't know if you'd call the srop off point in Mykonos the north bus station or not. There are buses around, however, but the best way to describe it is that it's immediately at the north end of the old harbour: on the northern side of the old ferry port, in fact. You get dropped off right by the water.

I can't remember when the last shuttle bus was, but I do know that ours wasn't it, or even close to it.

More info:

Have a look at this map. My recollection is that the shuttle bus drop-off & pick-up point is at or near the bottom of the jetty shown on the right-hand side of the map (the one where the three large coloured ship silhouettes are shown). That's also the area where we saw the large catamaran ferry dock. The shuttle bus definitely didn't drop us at the point marked as the Bus Terminal to Ag. Stephanos', etc, on the road; and never has, on any of our three visits.

• 3 weeks later...
We did this cruise last autumn - the 28 September sailing from Civitavecchia. Departure from Mykonos was at 5pm or even 5:30, not 3pm. We didn't rush off the ship in the morning, just took our time - I suppose it was between 9:30 and 10 o'clock when we went down the gangway. There was a wait of about 5 minutes or so for a shuttle bus to arrive, then (IIRC) we sat on the bus for just a few minutes, and then we were off towards town. We probably got there around 10am, or even a bit before. Certainly we had time to wander around a bit, get lost on our way to the south bus station, find it, and all in time for the 10:30 bus to Platy Gialos.

We got back to town by 2:30 or so - we might have been on the 2:10 bus back from the beach. We found our way to Katerina's Bar before 3pm, had a beer on the terrace, and then walked round to the shuttle bus pick up point by about 3:30 or so. This lead to the only slight delay of the day: we couldn't see any shuttle buses there, and we were uncertain where to go. The confusion was compounded by the fact that a huge catamaran ferry had arrived in the old harbour, and hundreds of people were getting off; similarly, hundreds of people were queueing to get on, so there was a fair amount of confusion. After a wait of no more than 10 minutes a shuttle bus appeared, we got on it, and we were probably back on the ship by 4 o'clock or so.

Given that we were moving around well within the outer limits of the call, we didn't look for taxis at all, I'm afraid. I imagine, though, that the arriving passengers on the ferry would have totally swamped the island's taxi capacity.

I don't know if you'd call the srop off point in Mykonos the north bus station or not. There are buses around, however, but the best way to describe it is that it's immediately at the north end of the old harbour: on the northern side of the old ferry port, in fact. You get dropped off right by the water.

I can't remember when the last shuttle bus was, but I do know that ours wasn't it, or even close to it.

Is the "shuttle Bus" different than the transfer you book thru the shore excursions? Or is it the same thing?

I think this is the map you meant....

http://www.mykonos-web.com/mykonos/images/mapbig_town.jpg

Yes, the shuttle drops you off near where the large ferries leave from. Not a long walk to the main area of town.

We didnt depart the ship early, but the shuttles run constantly. When it is full it leaves. So there is no waiting in that respect. You must buy a pass and so alot of people didnt want to spend the $$ and they walked or were on a tour. We didnt wait in line and we didnt wait long for it to fill either. Real nice process.

Since we didnt take the last one - we never do, I can't answer that portion of your questions.

Archived