Spa on the Coral

smudgie

I had a pedicure at the spa on the Coral last year and enjoyed it. I was surprised that the esthetician did not try to sell me any products when I was done (which has happened to me on other ships). I think that was an exception though and probably depends somewhat on the particular person you get for the service.

Normally I don't like to book a spa treatment on a cruise, as I find a lot of the services overpriced.

Cindy

I don't book them anymore either. Years ago I made an appointment for a spa treatment. I can't exactly remember what it was called and there wasn't much of a discription but I paid something like $60. All it was was a whirlpoor tub for less than a hour in front of a big picture window. It took me 25 minutes to figure out how it worked and then I was so upset I couldn't relax. I complained but they didn't seem to care.

The spa prices are similar to a good spa in a normal city. The spa on the Coral is managed by Steiner who look after the spas throughout Princess. They have a good range of high quality services and these are listed in your princess.com cruise personaliser. There are normally daily specials too.

If you do not want the sales pitch at the end just say to the spa girl looking after you that you would appreciate no sales pitch please and she will normally abide by that. They do earn commission from the products they sell which is the reason for the push.

When will you be on the Coral?

Hi,

I just went on March 27th and had a deep tissue massage, a scalp massage and a bamboo massage. My husband had a hot stone massage. He loved his massage and i liked the scalp massage. The deep tissues was so so, but not worth it. The bamboo was very painfull and i was soar and disapointed with it. I was shocked that i kept telling her that it was too rough, but she kept going... I also did not appreciate the sales job at the end for all the over priced products that i could get cheaper at Nordsrtom. It made me feel like a sick cat and how did i survive before i walked into the spa!!:mad:

Archived