Prinsendam South America 2010

I thought your review was GREAT overall!! Just a little note though. While interviewing the Band Leader of the HAL Cats on the Westerdam in February, he told me that all cast and performers on all the HAL ships do other jobs besides performing. For instance, he himself was also a Safety Supervisor for 3 decks. One of the duties he said that he did as the supervisor was to make sure Life Boat drills and emergency evacuation (if it were needed) were done correctly and efficiently.

I would also surmise that the 2 dirty socks that you found in your stateroom upon arrival were from one of the construction crew who had stayed in your stateroom during the refit...

Like I said I thought it was GREAT overall review and am thankful that most of the cruise was enjoyable for you.

Joanie

Good, thanks................needs to be read with the 3 daily blogs of this cruise [ capt albert, paul and maria , bill and mary [[[sorry if i got names wrong ]]] .................] so as to see the the broadest possible view...................sorry i missed the brazilian carnival dancers in their scanty dress with their suggestive moves ! :(...........the south america circum. was intended to be stimulating !:D................next years is selling at a brisk pace ! :)

Good, thanks................needs to be read with the 3 daily blogs of this cruise [ capt albert, paul and maria , bill and mary [[[sorry if i got names wrong ]]] .................] so as to see the the broadest possible view...................sorry i missed the brazilian carnival dancers in their scanty dress with their suggestive moves ! :(...........the south america circum. was intended to be stimulating !:D................next years is selling at a brisk pace ! :)

Yes sorry I missed the scantily dressed Brazilian ladies strutting their stuff as I was away doing other things at the time. It certainly sounded stimulating!! Most of our contacts that saw it said it was great to watch!!

• 2 weeks later...
I thought your review was GREAT overall!! Just a little note though. While interviewing the Band Leader of the HAL Cats on the Westerdam in February, he told me that all cast and performers on all the HAL ships do other jobs besides performing. For instance, he himself was also a Safety Supervisor for 3 decks. One of the duties he said that he did as the supervisor was to make sure Life Boat drills and emergency evacuation (if it were needed) were done correctly and efficiently.

I would also surmise that the 2 dirty socks that you found in your stateroom upon arrival were from one of the construction crew who had stayed in your stateroom during the refit...

Like I said I thought it was GREAT overall review and am thankful that most of the cruise was enjoyable for you.

Joanie

Hi Joanie,

The performers I meant thst have little to do are the HAL singers and dancers. They are sent out from L.A. business complete with costumes, canned music and completely rehearsed they do four shows only. So even though they are on for 70 days, they still only do four shows. They are not subject to 'extra' duties on the ship. I know that the orchestra members all pitched in and with gusto I might add to work during the virus scare as well as having other duties. Village People.

Archived