Sea princess

jbuchter841

My first post yea lol. I am considering a cruise on the Sea Princess in May. Whats the condition of the ship? Has she been refurbished lately?

She went through dry dock last Fall, I think it was September 2009. We sail on the SP in 3 weeks!

82 days to go, but who is counting!! I have 16 cruises on Carnival, 1 on Princess (7 years ago) Its time for a change. We like west coast sailings and so I have been to Mexico so many times that I have been bestowed honorary citizenship! I understand the carriers are providing combination life vest/flack vests for going ashore in Mexico (which of course they will be happy to charge to your onboard charge card) The Sea Princess sailing is rountrip from San Francisco to Alaska for 10 (count them 10!) glorious days. Do I seem excited? As the former governor of Alaska says, "you betcha!!!" If anyone in reading this message will be on this sailing please say hello!

82 days to go, but who is counting!! I have 16 cruises on Carnival, 1 on Princess (7 years ago) Its time for a change. We like west coast sailings and so I have been to Mexico so many times that I have been bestowed honorary citizenship! I understand the carriers are providing combination life vest/flack vests for going ashore in Mexico (which of course they will be happy to charge to your onboard charge card) The Sea Princess sailing is rountrip from San Francisco to Alaska for 10 (count them 10!) glorious days. Do I seem excited? As the former governor of Alaska says, "you betcha!!!" If anyone in reading this message will be on this sailing please say hello!

There seems to be a bit of activity on your roll call for this sailing. You can locate it and join in here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1128855

We are also on the Sea Princess for 10 days out of SF to Alaska (but not until July11th), so can some of of you early birds please post reviews - there has been nothing posted since Christmas and I love reading them.

This will be our first Princess Cruise and I will be celebrity the big 50 at sea, I cant wait :)

We are on the Sea Princess to Mexico in September, would love to hear from folks on earlier sailing about their experience. Checking Princess web site for this ship and cruise, see most cabins are waitlisted. So it seems it is very popular.

We are on the Sea Princess to Mexico in September, would love to hear from folks on earlier sailing about their experience. Checking Princess web site for this ship and cruise, see most cabins are waitlisted. So it seems it is very popular.

I was on the Sea princess last May transcanal. The Sea princess is an older ship, the balconies are covered, and the rooms are smaller with little closet or drawer space. On our cruise last May, we lost an engine so our cruising speed was severely diminished. We missed a couple of ports. The ship did have a dry dock in September for some upgrades although I don't know exactly what was done. I am not a fan of the Sea Princess because I have gotten used to the bigger class ships. If I want to go to the Canal, I would go on the Coral or Island.:)

We are going on the Sea Princess on the 8/30 sailing. We have been on 3 cruises since last March and one in May out of NY. All of the roll calls for those cruises have been and are very active. I am so surprised that the roll calls for the Sea Princess are not as active. Anyone have any ideas as to why. We were on the Coral Princess for the Alaskan cruise last June and certainly hope we have as good a time on the Sea Princess.

We are going on the Sea Princess on the 8/30 sailing. We have been on 3 cruises since last March and one in May out of NY. All of the roll calls for those cruises have been and are very active. I am so surprised that the roll calls for the Sea Princess are not as active. Anyone have any ideas as to why. We were on the Coral Princess for the Alaskan cruise last June and certainly hope we have as good a time on the Sea Princess.

hi all, sothpawsdakota, i noice the same thing with my roll call . i leave may1 out of barbados. this ship is really marketed in UK with charted flights . i am on 6 night cruise barbados to FL . i wll try to answere any ? for you guys when i get back just let me know. talk to you latter cruisedave38

Like everyone else I am suprised how quiet my roll call is - we sail on the 11th July.

The only reason I could think was that everyone has found out what they need from the excellant Alaska pages and unlike a lot of other cruises in Alaska you tend not to be looking for someone to share a trip with.

Also Princess I understand dont make a big thing of Meet and Greets - NCL will host one and roll out the senior team to meet you, so perhaps there is just not the incentive to have these on Princess.

What ever - doesnt stop me looking forward to what I am hopping will be a fab holiday :)

Archived