How Late Can You Drop Off Thrifty Rental in Maui?

redtinarn

I'm a little confused about dropping off our Thrifty rental car in Maui. If we booked it as a Harbor Pick Up, where do we drop it off & how late can we drop it off and still have a shuttle back to the boat?

Also, how do you get from the Honolulu airport to the ship after dropping off the rental car?

I'm a little confused about dropping off our Thrifty rental car in Maui. If we booked it as a Harbor Pick Up, where do we drop it off & how late can we drop it off and still have a shuttle back to the boat?

Also, how do you get from the Honolulu airport to the ship after dropping off the rental car?

The following is based on arriving at Kahului which the POA does, and does not apply to Lahaina.

You will picked up and drop off the car at the Hahului airport location. There will be a shuttle to pick you up at the pier to go to the rental office and a shuttle to take you back to the pier. They will tell you what time the last shuttle will be. You should also sign up for their Blue Chip program before renting. That way all the paperwork is done when you get to the rental office and they even have a special line for Blue Chip members. We never had more than a few minute wait at any island.

Mostly wondering if we will have enough time to do the road to Hana then drop the car off. I just don't want to miss the last shuttle, but I don't want to be too rushed either.

I always get a two day rental, but if you happen to miss the last shuttle, it's probably only a $15 cab ride to the dock.

Get yourself going in the morning and pick up the car early. You won't have any problem being back.

I'm dropping off my car AFTER the Old Lahainia Luau so I've actually called Thrifty about this. In Kahului, Thrifty closes at 11 pm. The shuttle back to the ship stops at 9 pm. If you dropoff between 9-11 pm, they can call a cab for you to take you back to the ship. You have to pay for the cab but it shouldn't cost too much since it's not that far.

I'm dropping off my car AFTER the Old Lahainia Luau so I've actually called Thrifty about this. In Kahului, Thrifty closes at 11 pm. The shuttle back to the ship stops at 9 pm. If you dropoff between 9-11 pm, they can call a cab for you to take you back to the ship. You have to pay for the cab but it shouldn't cost too much since it's not that far.

We did the same thing you're going to do. We left as soon as the Luau was over and drove straight back. We got back a little after nine, but we were lucky the last shuttle had not shown up yet. We did get the shuttle back, but it would have been easy to call a taxi to get back since the office doesn't close until later.

We did the same thing you're going to do. We left as soon as the Luau was over and drove straight back. We got back a little after nine, but we were lucky the last shuttle had not shown up yet. We did get the shuttle back, but it would have been easy to call a taxi to get back since the office doesn't close until later.

Thanks for confirming that this will work!!

• 9 months later...
I am on the poa and rented a car from thirfty the Kahului airport Maui location ? is this the correct location ? never rented a car before ? i am very worried

Yes, that is the correct location. There will be a shuttle at the pier to pick you up and take you to the Thrifty office.

Archived