Dollar Rent a Car at Cape Canaveral

SJCNEWBIE

Hi All,

My car rental firm of choice is Dollar (coming from Britain, they seem to offer the best offers etc). I will be travelling from Orlando to Port Canaveral to board Freedom on a Sunday. Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad about dropping off the car at the Dollar Cape Canaveral location?

In a worst case scenario, would it be possible to get a taxi from their C. Canaveral to the port, and approximately how much would this cost?

Thanks, Steve

I've just booked this too, also coming from the UK, collecting car at MCO and driving down to Canaveral.

I did a bit of searching around the board and didn't find anything bad about Dollar so am hoping it's going to be ok. There's meant to be a shuttle running between port and drop off point.

Our plan at the moment is of my H to drop both myself and our daughter at the port along with the luggage and then just do the drop off and shuttle back. At least that way we won't be struggling with suitcases, stroller, carseat, baby etc.

Hi All,

My car rental firm of choice is Dollar (coming from Britain, they seem to offer the best offers etc). I will be travelling from Orlando to Port Canaveral to board Freedom on a Sunday. Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad about dropping off the car at the Dollar Cape Canaveral location?

In a worst case scenario, would it be possible to get a taxi from their C. Canaveral to the port, and approximately how much would this cost?

Thanks, Steve

Dollar and Thrifty are together about 3 miles past the port in Cocoa beach. They have shuttles that will take you to the port and back. Budget is a bit closer and do the same thing. The dollar rental office is NOT at the MCO (orlando airport). Once you get your luggage they have a shuttle which takes you to the rental office 5 miles away. The office is very close to the beeline expressway which takes you right to Cape Canaveral about 50 mintes drive away.

Hi All,

Thanks, Steve

We rented in Orlando and dropped off at Port Canaveral, no issues and a very easy drive ! The free shuttle took us right from the Dollar office to the ship which is only ~ 2 miles away

Dollar and Thrifty are together about 3 miles past the port in Cocoa beach. They have shuttles that will take you to the port and back. Budget is a bit closer and do the same thing. The dollar rental office is NOT at the MCO (orlando airport). Once you get your luggage they have a shuttle which takes you to the rental office 5 miles away. The office is very close to the beeline expressway which takes you right to Cape Canaveral about 50 mintes drive away.

Exactly! The office at cape canaveral is v handy (although v busy lol).we used price twice now, we also from uk, and had no problems. Shuttle bus is very reliable and quick. We picked up brand new dodgevan thingy from cc and it's aranged to be returned to Orlando airport. We have sat nav and our instructions meant it easy to find!

Enjoy!

• 4 years later...