Taxi from Airport to Hotel

mttk2

Don't have a complete answer to your question; however, I posed a similiar question to the San Juan tour guide I booked with on how to get from the airport to our hotel. He lives in San Juan (originally from Indiana) and here is his response:

Taxi is definitely the best choice for getting to your hotel. It is very organized once you get out of the airport, and it is also regulated. So, you are not going to run into anything like Mexico!

Once you arrive at the airport, keep your bag tags with you, as someone is at the door tearing the bag tags off the bag which need to match the ones the airline gave you upon check-in. I just like to make people aware of this, as I haven't been in any airport around the world in quite sometime that checks bagtags. Europe didn't recently, and most of the airports I use in the states don't either. In any case, just have them ready.

Outside, you should see a taxi stand just in front of you, or down a bit, depending on where you come out. Once you find the line, which is clearly marked, there will be an attendant asking you where you will go. They will then give you a receipt with the price. You then stand in the line and wait on your turn for a taxi. There are more than enough waiting, so it is a very quick process. It is funny to see how organized this is, as much of the rest of what you will see is not so! :-)

----------

Hope that helps!

JLane

Don't recall where I got this info, but my notes state that a taxi ride is approximately $13 plus $1/bag. Other things that I've got written down about the San Juan airport...

1. hospitality room around the corner from the baggage claim area...go there for free Rum punch (gotta start the vacation out right ;-)

2. find a ground transportation person floating around claim area, get a written slip with taxi cost on it

3. keep bags tags with me

This might have come from another Cruise Critic post, but I don't totally recall.

Archived