what is in the rooms

smudgie

can anyone tell me what is in your room? do they have a hair dryer, shampoo stuff like that???

Hi smudgie.

I believe they have hairdryers in the room as well as shampoo/soap-shower gel/lotion etc.

Im sure i've read that the h/dryers are not very powerful but they are there.

Elaine

Yes, you can also request a robe. There is also an ice bucket, tongs, glasses, a few cocktail napkins and a serving tray. Along with a variety of sodas (6 I think, but not sure) & a bottle of water but if you drink them, you will be charged.

There is a hair dryer. Shampoo, conditioner and body lotion are provided in small bottles and are eucalyptus scented.

Yes, you can also request a robe. There is also an ice bucket, tongs, glasses, a few cocktail napkins and a serving tray. Along with a variety of sodas (6 I think, but not sure) & a bottle of water but if you drink them, you will be charged.
Also a safe.

... and a fridge which contains the sodas etc mentioned earlier. Note, if you drink the sodas, not only do you get charged over the odds for them but you also get charged the mandatory 15% gratuity ;)

(better off buying your own in ports and putting them in the fridge IMHO!)

You can ask the steward to clear out the fridge when you get to the cabin can't you?

Are we allowed to bring our own soda on board? I know we can bring wine and water

Yes, you can clear out the fridge or ask the steward to do it for you. And, yes, you can bring your own soda on board. ;)

The hairdryers are the ones with a square blower that fit into a wall mount. I use a diffuser on my hair, so I bring my own, since they won't fit. And they're not strong at all, so if your hair takes awhile to dry, I recommend bringing your own.:)

And of course, you'll find a bed in your cabin as well.;) If you've booked a minsuite or higher you'll have a nice sitting area with a sofa, coffee table & chairs. In a balcony or lower you get a single chair.

You can ask the steward to clear out the fridge when you get to the cabin can't you?

Are we allowed to bring our own soda on board? I know we can bring wine and water

Yes, you can ask the cabin steward to empty the frig. It is a good idea to do so if you are going to put your stuff in.

these robes are only rentals right?

There is a hair dryer. Shampoo, conditioner and body lotion are provided in small bottles and are eucalyptus scented.

Can anyone tell me if the shampoo/conditioner is any good? Save me from bringing my own. Also, is there shower gel ? Anyone know the brand name of the products,,,,is it Elemis ?

Happy Cruising.....

DonnaF :D

Can anyone tell me if the shampoo/conditioner is any good? Save me from bringing my own. Also, is there shower gel ? Anyone know the brand name of the products,,,,is it Elemis ?

Happy Cruising.....

DonnaF :D

No, you get Elemis (lovely!) on HAL but on Princess it is their own Lotus Spa eucalyptus stuff. It is OK, not what I personally would choose, but then I love Elemis, Molton Brown, L'Occitane.... am a bit fussy! ;)

Yes, you request them when you board if they are not already there. There is no extra charge and you leave it in the cabin when you go.

You can purchase them in one of the onboard shops.

They are very nice robes.

If I recall, there are shower curtains for the shower, not glass. Bring binder clips or clothes pins to hold down the curtain at the bottom. The shower curtain can get a little too familiar, if you know what I mean:p

Archived