OK, so what is the best way to......

fridaythecat.u.k.

...... attach pictures to your post????

This has frustrated me for ages! I know how to post a link from Photobucket (or similar), but when you just want to attach a couple of piccies, how do you get them as thumbnails on your post?

I have tried the insert button and uploading a picture from my computer, but this doesn't seem to do anything :confused: just tells me it is uploading and after a few minutes I get bored of waiting and close it down :eek:

Please help!

You are clicking the Attachment button (paperclip), browsing to your picture and uploading and then closing the window? A thumbnail should appear at that point.

It does take a while for the picture to upload but not a few minutes unless your ISP has a really slow upload speed. Have you tried a smaller picture?

You are clicking the Attachment button (paperclip), browsing to your picture and uploading and then closing the window? A thumbnail should appear at that point.

It does take a while for the picture to upload but not a few minutes unless your ISP has a really slow upload speed. Have you tried a smaller picture?

That is what I was trying, yes. Perhaps I should be more patient....;)

That is what I was trying, yes. Perhaps I should be more patient....;)

patience is a virtue :)

It takes me about 30secs for a 1.1mb picture to be uploaded here. Once the upload message vanishes and is replaced by the filename, you must press the Preview Post after closing the window to see the thumbnail, otherwise it does look like nothing has happened.

If it is failing it could be that it is not one of the approved picture types - have you tried another pic?

No luck! Said "upload of file failed" :confused:

Hi fridaythecat.u.k. The same thing happens to me. It's the size of the file that's the problem. I think it tells you the maximum size allowed. You can make the file size smaller (I don't mean the actual measurement; it's the memory that's too big) You can check the size of any picture by looking in its properties. If a file is suitable it will take a little while then gives you a message that it has successfully loaded. :)

The upload process shrinks your jpg automatically down to the right size if it is under about 2mb. Above that you need some photo software to resave the jpg as a smaller file.

A cheat to do this can be to use Windows Explorer, find the file, right click and Send To Email Recipient. Decide on a size - all of the are adequate.- When the email window opens, save the attachment, close the email window. Now you can go through the CC upload process using the saved file.

Yes, that is the answer! The max jpeg allowed is 19.5KB and the piccies I was trying to upload are nearly 4MB :eek: Duh! Any ideas how I can reduce the file size of my pictures - can I save them as something else :confused:

I cropped mine to remove parts of the pic I didn't need, which reduced the size of the file. I can make the files smaller to attach to email, via the task bar in windows gallery, but not to attach to a message board. I'm sure someone will tell us how. :o

Thanks billet.

Yup! ;) Joint top favourite port on our cruise last year (along with Venice) :D

:D :D :D I saw that in your profile, that's why I guessed Santorini lol! Incidentally, I am just in the process of deciding on a Santorini land holiday for June.

:D :D :D I saw that in your profile, that's why I guessed Santorini lol! Incidentally, I am just in the process of deciding on a Santorini land holiday for June.

ROFLMAO :D :D That is tooooooooooooooo funny!

Loved it for a day, personally I think it might be a bit quiet for a land based holiday. But it depends on what you like! Each to their own ;)

ROFLMAO :D :D That is tooooooooooooooo funny!

Loved it for a day, personally I think it might be a bit quiet for a land based holiday. But it depends on what you like! Each to their own ;)

I like your quizzes :D. I'm usually useless but you make it easy lol!

The capital of Santorini, Fira seems to be the place to stay if you want a livelier time? It looks like a good place to explore.

We're waiting for some better Med cruise prices for September. I would quite like to try cruising from Southampton but the prices are ridiculous.

I like your quizzes :D. I'm usually useless but you make it easy lol!

The capital of Santorini, Fira seems to be the place to stay if you want a livelier time? It looks like a good place to explore.

We're waiting for some better Med cruise prices for September. I would quite like to try cruising from Southampton but the prices are ridiculous.

Easy, eh??? Bet you can't get this one.... (OK, so I lied before about not posting any more!) :)

I'm sure Fira will be lovely, I didn't make it over there ;) I, too, have thought of cruising from S'hampton as it seems a lot easier than flying, but not really looked into it.

429074089_isthisoneeasy.jpg.e73dd47d6f65cdcb97ef9ea6632c79e3.jpg

Archived