Azura Naming Ceremony

Beckyfaye-2008

The ten people from the P&O Cruise forum, who have been invited to the Naming Ceremony, have just received an Email from Head Office, stating that Carol Marlow P&O Managing Director has invited us to meet her in the Planet Bar on Azura in the afternoon., she has given us a 15 minute slot before attending a press conference. We have been told she will be there to answer any questions we may have re P&O.

If you were attending this meeting, what questions would you ask?. We have also be told that a member of the P&O On Line team will be sitting with us at the evening meal, and will also be happy to discuss any questions we may have, again what would you ask her?.:)

My question would be do they really expect OV pax to transfer to Ventura/Oceana and do they realise what an issue they have caused for both sets of pax.

Failing that could you please on behalf of all the pax from the OV forum just slap her with a wet fish :D

I would be interested in any specific plans they are putting in place for P&O fly drive cruises and namely:-

1. luggage allocation - will there be any future plans to be able to 'buy' more allowance - very low allowance esp with formal wear.

2. seat allocation - I know there are links on the P&O website but are they 'going live' anytime soon with the ability to pre select your seats, and if so, will it be free or chargeable.

I was going to ask about luggage weight as well. 23kgs for 2 weeks is definitely not enough, and only 5 in hand luggage. Our last cruise we had 7kgs in the hand luggage. I can't see why you shouldn't be able to buy extra weight!

Please ask her for me!!

Ann

The ten people from the P&O Cruise forum, who have been invited to the Naming Ceremony, have just received an Email from Head Office, stating that Carol Marlow P&O Managing Director has invited us to meet her in the Planet Bar on Azura in the afternoon., she has given us a 15 minute slot before attending a press conference. We have been told she will be there to answer any questions we may have re P&O.

If you were attending this meeting, what questions would you ask?. We have also be told that a member of the P&O On Line team will be sitting with us at the evening meal, and will also be happy to discuss any questions we may have, again what would you ask her?.:)

Could you ask him/her to develop a webiste for one of my competitors please, I need to gain an advantage in this current economic climate.

:)

Gerry

I'd have to agree with what Matt said earlier.

P&O are trying (via Ventura etc.) to move into the mainstream cruise market (like the RCL and NCLs) where people expect more freedom/choice and less traditional. How does she see P&O aligning with customer markets and who are they targetting (other than OV pax) to fill the increased no. of Berths?

Oh and do you have to give her a tip afterwards for any speech she may give? :)

I was going to ask about luggage weight as well. 23kgs for 2 weeks is definitely not enough, and only 5 in hand luggage. Our last cruise we had 7kgs in the hand luggage. I can't see why you shouldn't be able to buy extra weight!

Please ask her for me!!

Ann

23kg is even harder for a 28 night Cruise.........................I would willingly pay for more.

My question would be do they really expect OV pax to transfer to Ventura/Oceana and do they realise what an issue they have caused for both sets of pax.

Failing that could you please on behalf of all the pax from the OV forum just slap her with a wet fish :D

It's not a question it's a plea. Please send Ventura to the Med and leave her there. Just one ship that doesn't spend half it's time at sea, 12 ports in 14 days would be great and a ship that doesn't cross Biscay. They can keep everything else the same. I'll even wear a dinner suit 4 times in a fortnight if they just cut out the misery of sailing from and to Blighty!

Come on Delboy, you're the voice of cruising, not biased, not just P&O blinkered, always fair and informative, have cruising in your heart........ Ask her to consider the cruising public, not just the P&O passengers, but the wider community...... you know it makes sence!;)

Failing that I'll pay for your dry cleaning, and I'll even supply the fish, though you my need to wet it prior to using it!:D

It's not a question it's a plea. Please send Ventura to the Med and leave her there. Just one ship that doesn't spend half it's time at sea, 12 ports in 14 days would be great and a ship that doesn't cross Biscay. They can keep everything else the same. I'll even wear a dinner suit 4 times in a fortnight if they just cut out the misery of sailing from and to Blighty!

Come on Delboy, you're the voice of cruising, not biased, not just P&O blinkered, always fair and informative, have cruising in your heart........ Ask her to consider the cruising public, not just the P&O passengers, but the wider community...... you know it makes sence!;)

Failing that I'll pay for your dry cleaning, and I'll even supply the fish, though you my need to wet it prior to using it!:D

I'm sorry to let you down but if you look at the new brochure its the larger ships Ventura and Azura that are in the Caribbean in Jan-March 2012, leaving the Oceana and Adonia in the Med on Southampton or Fly Cruises.

I'm seriously thinking about Adonia in the Med from Southampton as the flight restrictions can be difficult (At least we've found that because I'm not the smallest of men).

And we both dislike the sheer size and in our opinion lack of atmosphere on the larger ships.It has taken us 3 hours to get off on one trip because we were late in port and not on a trip. (Arcadia)

Hope you find the cruise you want.

Carl

I'm sorry to let you down but if you look at the new brochure its the larger ships Ventura and Azura that are in the Caribbean in Jan-March 2012, leaving the Oceana and Adonia in the Med on Southampton or Fly Cruises.

I'm seriously thinking about Adonia in the Med from Southampton as the flight restrictions can be difficult (At least we've found that because I'm not the smallest of men).

And we both dislike the sheer size and in our opinion lack of atmosphere on the larger ships.It has taken us 3 hours to get off on one trip because we were late in port and not on a trip. (Arcadia)

Hope you find the cruise you want.

Carl

You're thinking short term. I know that schedules are planned years in advance but for 2013 and beyond they have yet to make a decision. I am also thinking for the April to October period, they can do what they like with them in the winter. I take my holidays during the summer (as most working people do) a fortnight a year in the med is all I ask, without it taking 6 days there and back.

to summerise,

A family friendly ship

Based in the Med

On two week itineries

With 12 ports of call

In the summer months

With British £ used on board

With reasonable prices

With tips included in the original fare

Sounds ideal for so many cruises, why haven't they done it before?

Oh wait.................... they have!

At the moment Ventura is sailing 3/4 full, OV is sold out and Thomsons have no capacity for children in April and May and don't even allow kids on the better ships in June and September!:eek: It's time for change, as I've heard somewhere recently!!!

At the moment Ventura is sailing 3/4 full, OV is sold out and Thomsons have no capacity for children in April and May and don't even allow kids on the better ships in June and September!:eek: It's time for change, as I've heard somewhere recently!!!

It's almost as if we need a forward thinking company to provide a product for people who don't do cruises!

Having just enjoyed a part of Arcadia world cruise Hong Kong to Dubai I want to know why P & O charge so much for flights, this cruise included just over £1000 for standard economy flights with only 20kg allowance for 21 nights excess baggage was £48/kg on Cathay Pacific, to upgrade to premium economy they want an extra £800, whereas I could buy the whole flights direct premium economy for £800. If I bought my own flights they wouldn't let me enjoy the 3 nights in Hong Kong for Portunus club members at £199, saying all that we had a fabulous time and they Portunus club package was suburb, 5 star hotel, 3 breakfasts, two full day excursions and one dinner.

You're thinking short term. I know that schedules are planned years in advance but for 2013 and beyond they have yet to make a decision. I am also thinking for the April to October period, they can do what they like with them in the winter. I take my holidays during the summer (as most working people do) a fortnight a year in the med is all I ask, without it taking 6 days there and back.

to summerise,

A family friendly ship

Based in the Med

On two week itineries

With 12 ports of call

In the summer months

With British £ used on board

With reasonable prices

With tips included in the original fare

Sounds ideal for so many cruises, why haven't they done it before?

Oh wait.................... they have!

"At the moment Ventura is sailing 3/4 full"

And you have proof of this statement!!!

Of course not, but if you say it enough, it may be true.

What a load of ***********.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived