Silver Moon or Calabaza Cruises?

ahawco

My husband and I are going on our first cruise together on RCL - 7 night Southern Caribbean on the Serenade of the Seas on Aug 1-8. We are planning on doing the 12 person catamaran cruise with either Silver Moon or Calabaza. They both sound so fantastic and I have great reviews of both. Can anyone tell me about their experiences with either company or both and which you would recommend? Thanks :o

Our family of 4 just got back from the Adventure. We sailed with Calabaza. Gina and her crew were wonderful. The food was good and plentiful and the drinks were endless. Start the morning with warm banana bread. Yum ! We saw some very large turtles and enjoyes the swim. Stopped at a couple of more places, had lunch on the catamaran and had a very bouncy ride back to the pier. The winds were high that day, but it made it all the more fun for the kids riding at the front. We all had a great time. We would highly recommend this tour.

Thanks Cleocruiser for your input! But after reading review upon review and

thinking about it for days we have finally decided on Silvermoon (the 12 passenger cruise) :). They both sound like amazing companies and I'm sure you can't go wrong with either one. I think the fact that Silvermoon gives you carrot cake and piña coladas on the sail back put me over the edge if you want to know the truth :). I have also heard their boat is quite gorgeous and that was another deciding factor. I hope we have made the right choice and I think we will have an amazing day with Silvermoon. If anyone has been on a recent Silvermoon sail I would love to hear your experience :)

DH and I were on the Silvermoon cruise this past January. The pina colas flowed freely and were devine. You will love the excursion. The crew caters to your every need. It exceeded all our expectations.

Have fun.

Thanks Cleocruiser for your input! But after reading review upon review and

thinking about it for days we have finally decided on Silver moon (the 12 passenger cruise) :). They both sound like amazing companies and I'm sure you can't go wrong with either one. I think the fact that Silvermoon gives you carrot cake and piña coladas on the sail back put me over the edge if you want to know the truth :). I have also heard their boat is quite gorgeous and that was another deciding factor. I hope we have made the right choice and I think we will have an amazing day with Silvermoon. If anyone has been on a recent Silvermoon sail I would love to hear your experience :)

We were just on Silver Moon (12 passenger) last week. The food was delicious and according to my DH the best carrot cake he has ever had.

opvkb5.jpg

Captain Ben and Mate Tony were very accommodating and catered to our every need.

We snorkeled with the Turtles and then snorkeled over a wreck. The snorkeling was not the best as the water was very cloudy.

The boat was immaculate, had a lot of room and was very comfortable.

153pil2.jpg

Not the OP' date=' but can either of you tell me if you are under sail the whole time or do you motor out and sail back. Also, does either have that net thing that hangs out over the water?[/quote']

Yes there was a net in the front. We motored a little and sailed mostly. It was very peaceful.

vy1vz7.jpg

Archived