Poesia's superior cabins please tell me about them

dis2cruise

What category you are calling superior? We had a suite and there was no bathtub. The bathroom was tiny with a shower that had a curtain that like to stick to you.

The diiference is mainly the location, higher cat is in the mid sectionn of ship, bathrooms are the same, patios are slightly larger & the cabin is about 30 ft larger giving you a larger cosmetic table & more storage space. You also get bathrobes. Hope this helps you.

We had a Superior Category 11 Balcony Cabin on the Poesia in December. There is a shower (no tub). It is, as someone else already reported, slightly larger and includes lush terry cloth bathrobes.

It is my understanding that there are only 18 suites on the Poesia and that each has a bathtub, although I defer to the poster who claimed to have had only a shower in their suite. The suites are clumped together at the fore on deck 14 or 15.

We were in Superior Balcony Cabin 9221 which is on the stern.

I had the same cabin number on the Orchestra (which I gather is pretty much the same as for the layout). It had a regular size balcony even though it was aft and was bigger than the standard MSC cabin but pretty much a standard size when compared with other cruise lines. We took it as they were the only ones for quad balcony on the Orchestra.

• 6 months later...

We are in balcony cabin 8218, it is listed as a category 9 I think, probably because it is on the lower floor. But it is also an aft cabin. Does anyone know if this is considered a superior balcony (ie 234 sq vs the regular balcony of 199sq)?

You're welcome :)

That should be a really nice cabin, with an almost panoramic unobstructed view. And you will get lots of sun on your balcony on the sea days.

Also it's on the non-smoking side of the ship.

Have a great cruise!

The standard balcony cabins are 161 sq ft and the superior are 191 plus the balcony. The aft balcony area are usually the standard size although in the ship deck plan it shows them on deck 8 and 9 to be superior balcony size, although I am not sure. I have been in those on deck 10 and 11 and they are the standard ones with a larger balcony since it is aft. The superior ones are usually the mid section ones in the narrow part of the ship if you see a deck plan. The cabin 10191 is the last of the superior on the port side and it will have an angle to it allowing a deeper balcony. Enjoy the cruise.

• 10 months later...
What category you are calling superior? We had a suite and there was no bathtub. The bathroom was tiny with a shower that had a curtain that like to stick to you.

I have read about this on this board and others :D apparantly you can take pegs with you and pin them to the bottom of the shower curtain and it stops it from doing this = I'll give it a try next month and let you know how I get on ;)

I have read about this on this board and others :D apparantly you can take pegs with you and pin them to the bottom of the shower curtain and it stops it from doing this = I'll give it a try next month and let you know how I get on ;)

On the Orchestra we had a big problem with this. The fan is in the shower so it seems to pull the curtain inward towards your legs. We collected rocks at the beach on the first shore day and used duct tape (yes, CC says to always bring some duct tape) to add them as weights to the shower. Worked great!

For whatever reason, maybe the fan didn't pull as hard. It wasn't a problem for us on the Poesia.

We had a Superior Category 11 Balcony Cabin on the Poesia in December. There is a shower (no tub). It is, as someone else already reported, slightly larger and includes lush terry cloth bathrobes.

It is my understanding that there are only 18 suites on the Poesia and that each has a bathtub, although I defer to the poster who claimed to have had only a shower in their suite. The suites are clumped together at the fore on deck 14 or 15.

The suites are on 15 - but if you have children you may get put into a superior cabin instead in one of the corners. We booked a suite and got into a corner cabin on deck 10 for our first cruise - MSC told us it was a family suite ?? anyway it was large enough for all of us but didnt have a bath. I also felt that the balcony was a bit small for 4 - plenty of room for 2 though :)

I am in Cabin 11163 it is a balcony cabin........no one said it was superior, though I was told by my travel agent it was cat 11........I know it is midship.............does anyone know if it is a superior cabin.....balcony looks larger but the cabin looks the same size to me....but then drawings can be deceptive....this is my first cruise and first cabin...............

SSGIRL54-

Stateroom 11163 is a superior balcony. The stateroom size is 191 sq. ft. inside and 43 sq. ft. balcony.

Hope this helps! :)

MSC Cruises USA

How wonderful, I had no idea until reading on this board, what a wonderful treat and way to start my new adventure...........I am so excited...can not wait......thank you...

Yes that cabin is classified as superior also, category 11. If you look at the deck plans of the ship, all the superior balcony cabins are in the middle section, the narrower section. The front end and back end that stick out a bit are all a bit smaller cabins and are standard balcony. Category 9, 10 ,11 are superior with cabins of 191 sq ft and balcony of 43 sq ft, as compared to category 6, 7, 8 which are the standard balcony cabins with cabins of 161 sq ft and balcony of 38 sq ft.

With that said, the standard balcony views are straight down to the ocean. The superior have the life boats in view.

( also, aft cabins seem to be superior, but I have been in some and they were not)

Archived