Port Canaveral as a Port of Call as opposed to a Departure Port

VentureForth

Anyone get off the boat at Port Canaveral as a port of call as opposed to getting on there as a departure point? What excursions do you do? What would be fun to do on day of departure before getting on board? What do the transients do?

Anyone get off the boat at Port Canaveral as a port of call as opposed to getting on there as a departure point? What excursions do you do?

My sister and I had Port Canaveral as a Port of Call and went to Universal Sutdios...it was a little pricey, but we went for teh more expensive package which gave you a $10 voucher for meal/gift and the ability to cut lines....it was a total blast as we probably wouldn't go to FL just to dfo parks as a vacation. would love to do it again on another cruise!

Cape Canaveral is there. Where the space Shuttle launches from. Cocoa Beach is nice, but if you are going to the Bahamas and such I would wait till then. Orlando is a short, less than hour, drive with parks such as Disney, Universal, Sea World....etc. I personally like to collect Ron Jon's stickers from any location I can find. The original one is there in Cocoa Beach. Ron Jon's is a surf shop.

I personally like to collect Ron Jon's stickers from any location I can find. The original one is there in Cocoa Beach. Ron Jon's is a surf shop.

Sorry if this is considered hijacking, but I needed to correct you: the original Ron Jon's was founded back in 1959 on Long Beach Island at the Jersey shore.

Archived