Bermuda Newbie

cpacheco212121

Where the ships are just a few hundreds yards away past the Fort Entrance ( where Dolp[in Quest is ) is a great FREE Beach .

So easy access, gratis and so close by is one factoring. Besides it is not crowded.;)

Hey guys, I am super new to the Princess line and have no idea what to start planning we have 1 stop in Bermuda and I would love to spend it at the beach. Which beach in ur opinion is the best for just sun bathing and relaxing?

I think i am going to go with the Horseshoe Beach, I am just unclear as too the buses. Does the bus stop at Royal Navy Dockyard or do i have to take the ferry to the Hamilton bus terminal. Also where do you buy the one day passes for the bus and ferry

To get to HSB from the Dockyard, go to a bus stop and board a route #7 bus inbound to Hamilton. There is a bus stop as you are leaving the wharf. The bus takes about 30-35 minutes to get there. To get back to the Dockyard, board a #7 bus outbound from Hamilton. Bus stops are identified by either a pink or blue pole. A pink pole indicates service that is inbound to the city of Hamilton; a blue pole indicates service that is outbound from the city of Hamilton.

They sell passes at the Visitors Information Center which is located on the wharf; the pass is good for both the bus and ferry.

SBtS

Maam,,

Horseshoe beach is ok, but a long walk down.. and crowded.

It is the bottom line ___ your choice.

On Ireland Island at the Naval Pier(s) ( Royal Dockyard ) you may take either the Ferries and/or Buses.. Choices choices..

And to think that wonderful free beach with easy access ( just walking through the Gate 0 is only about one hundred yards away and across from the Frog and Onion there..;)

One Day Transit Pass may be purchased aboard your ship if they have them. And/or next to the Ferry Loading point at the visitors center ( Cash Only )

What ever you do have a great cruise maam!

I think i am going to go with the Horseshoe Beach, I am just unclear as too the buses. Does the bus stop at Royal Navy Dockyard or do i have to take the ferry to the Hamilton bus terminal. Also where do you buy the one day passes for the bus and ferry

All the beaches in Bermuda are free.

Horseshoe Bay is one of the most beautiful beaches and VERY easy to get to. There will be a bus at Dockyard that goes directly to the beaches....no other stops. I can, however, get crowded but that's no problem. Just walk to the left and you will find some nice secluded and relatively empty coves. You can also go a bit farther on the bus and get off at Jobson's Cove or Warwick Long Bay. They are small beaches but usually very few people there.

Another nice beach, although not large either is Church Bay.

Warwick Long Bay

IMG_4070.jpg

Church Bay. there is more beach than appears in the picture.

IMG_4028.jpg

cpacheco212121 asked: ....Also at the wharf/dock is there shopping and or eating.....

For shopping at the Dockyard, there is the Clocktower Mall. For eating, there are 3 or 4 restaurants. One being the Frog & Onion Pub http://www.frogandonion.bm/home , good food and beer. The other restaurants' names elude me at this time.

SBtS

All the beaches in Bermuda are free.

Horseshoe Bay is one of the most beautiful beaches and VERY easy to get to. There will be a bus at Dockyard that goes directly to the beaches....no other stops. I can, however, get crowded but that's no problem. Just walk to the left and you will find some nice secluded and relatively empty coves. You can also go a bit farther on the bus and get off at Jobson's Cove or Warwick Long Bay. They are small beaches but usually very few people there.

Another nice beach, although not large either is Church Bay.

Warwick Long Bay

IMG_4070.jpg

Church Bay. there is more beach than appears in the picture.

IMG_4028.jpg

Do you know if this bus brings you straight to the lot at Horseshoe Bay or to the bus stop and you have to walk down the hill once you get there? My husband and I were there in late October and the $1 rides to the beach were not operating but we enjoyed the walk. This time I am going with my mom and she wants to see Horseshoe Bay but she can't make the walk up/down the hill. Thanks!

Do you know if this bus brings you straight to the lot at Horseshoe Bay or to the bus stop and you have to walk down the hill once you get there? My husband and I were there in late October and the $1 rides to the beach were not operating but we enjoyed the walk. This time I am going with my mom and she wants to see Horseshoe Bay but she can't make the walk up/down the hill. Thanks!

You have to walk down the hill since the public buses only make stops at the bus stops. If the gentleman with the van is not there, and of course you wouldn't know until you get there, your only other option would be to take a cab to begin with.

All i have to say to this post is ROTFL...oh and Thanks you are the only person who answered the question ;)

As for the Beaches when i was in the caymans we did a small beach ...cemetary beach i think it was called so now i want to try something that has more to offer. The pics are soooooo awesome i cant wait to go :D

cpacheco212121 asked: ....Also at the wharf/dock is there shopping and or eating.....

For shopping at the Dockyard, there is the Clocktower Mall. For eating, there are 3 or 4 restaurants. One being the Frog & Onion Pub http://www.frogandonion.bm/home , good food and beer. The other restaurants' names elude me at this time.

SBtS

Hey guys, I am super new to the Princess line and have no idea what to start planning we have 1 stop in Bermuda and I would love to spend it at the beach. Which beach in ur opinion is the best for just sun bathing and relaxing?

All i have to say to this post is ROTFL...oh and Thanks you are the only person who answered the question ;)

Excuse me?

I answered your very first question complete with pictures and also noted that there is a bus at Dockyard that goes directly to the beach.;)

Excuse me?

I answered your very first question complete with pictures and also noted that there is a bus at Dockyard that goes directly to the beach.;)

I think several of us answered the question regarding the beach stoo o I don't understand either. :confused:

I got plenty of information from the replies in this thread. Lots of knowledgeable people.

I, too, am spending 1 day in Bermuda at the end of May. We are doing Hartley's Helmet dive in the morning and will be finished by 1:00. I'd like to take my daughter to Horseshoe Bay to see the pink sand.

The ship is leaving at 5:00 pm. Will I have enough time to go to the beach and get back? I'm not crazy about climbing hills though. Are there facilities at HSB in order to get some lunch?

If all this is not possible is there another beach with pink sand close by? We can eat a quick lunch at the dock and then go.

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance

I got plenty of information from the replies in this thread. Lots of knowledgeable people.

I, too, am spending 1 day in Bermuda at the end of May. We are doing Hartley's Helmet dive in the morning and will be finished by 1:00. I'd like to take my daughter to Horseshoe Bay to see the pink sand.

The ship is leaving at 5:00 pm. Will I have enough time to go to the beach and get back? I'm not crazy about climbing hills though. Are there facilities at HSB in order to get some lunch?

If all this is not possible is there another beach with pink sand close by? We can eat a quick lunch at the dock and then go.

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance

Church Bay is a little closer but the sand is not as pink there. Just remember, the sand is not going to be PINK pink, but it definitely is pinky.;):)

HS is about the closet beach to Dockyard and there's a special bus that goes directly to the beaches on the South Shore. Yes, there are facilities with a snack bar, typical things like fries, hotdogs, chicken nuggets, drinks. If you watch your time, you should be OK to spend some time there and get back.

It's an easy walk from the bus stop since it's all downhill but coming back up you can always grab the "To The Top Van" for $2 each.

Archived