How early can you fill your Rum Runners??

I have my Rum Runners and was wondering how soon I can fill them and pack them? Does it matter?

We are driving to Galveston but my inlaws are coming our way the weekend before and we were going to send any packed luggage back with them to give us more room in the car.

Would packing it up a week or so do any harm?

Need advice from experienced Pirates please. :D

I have my Rum Runners and was wondering how soon I can fill them and pack them? Does it matter?

We are driving to Galveston but my inlaws are coming our way the weekend before and we were going to send any packed luggage back with them to give us more room in the car.

When we got our RR's the instructions said to fill them up with water and let them sit for a bit... so we filled ours up with hot water and let them sit on the counter for a few days to "season them" and then it shouldn't matter how early you fill and pack them. No harm for packing them up a week early.

I did however wrap mine in a hand towel then placed each one in their own zip lock bags just to make sure there were no leaks.

Make sure you have the lids on good also. I have heard of people who did not have the lids on good and tight. I also heard one person say they wrapped theirs up individual in disposable diapers.. LOL.. GREAT IDEA for leaks.

We have used ours for many things and have never had any leaks.. but I still don't like to take chances..

Thank you for the help- Think I will prep them, then fill and Zip lock them for packing.

Should not be an issue. I am going to try "bundle Packing" (see youtube) and I figure I will make sure that little plastic cap is near other hard plastic things so they are less detectible. Thinking of putting a few in the snorkle gear bag.

I've had RR's with hard liquor in them for 7 days with no issues. Pre-seasoned with the water deal ahead of time. Do not over fill or force fill them. I prefer the smaller sized RR's but some folks love the huge ones.

I use the Cinderella slipper approach and pack them in my shoes. Zip-Loc bags of course to keep it all tidy. Have never had a leak even after a long flight over the Pacific to Japan.

I've had RR's with hard liquor in them for 7 days with no issues. Pre-seasoned with the water deal ahead of time. Do not over fill or force fill them. I prefer the smaller sized RR's but some folks love the huge ones.

I use the Cinderella slipper approach and pack them in my shoes. Zip-Loc bags of course to keep it all tidy. Have never had a leak even after a long flight over the Pacific to Japan.

We put our RR's in zip-lock bags. I then place them inside my husband's shoes (size 13 so there's plenty of room - :eek:) and we have never had a problem with them leaking.

Just season them with warm water and you should be fine! It's not like the booze will go bad or anything. Just try to place them in or around something in your luggage like inside shoes or a handbag, or pack some books or toiletries around them - so that they will not appear as a big empty "void" on the cruise line luggage x-ray machine.

Have a great cruise! :D

We often fill ours a week before the cruise and the liquour is in them for at least two weeks during the cruise .... so no problem. In fact I have some Grey Goose in one that has been in one since early January....maybe I should try it.

Please put them in a liplock bag. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally pro-smuggling... but one of my rum runners sprung a leak across the top seam and I ended up spraying a dear friend in vodka. I threw the rest of them out, didn't trust them after that so please make sure they're bagged.

Make sure you have the lids on good also. I have heard of people who did not have the lids on good and tight. I also heard one person say they wrapped theirs up individual in disposable diapers.. LOL.. GREAT IDEA for leaks.
Diapers . . . interesting idea. I've always ziplocked everything liquid (toiletries, sodas, everything), but I've never put anything inside the ziplock to absorb liquids.

A similar idea -- for those of us who don't keep diapers around the house any longer -- would be maxi pads. In fact, we have a couple maxi pads stuck to the bottom of our safe at home. If we were to have a fire and the area was sprayed with water, hopefully it'd do a little good in absorbing some of the water and keeping it away from the documents we keep there.

If you are going to see them the next week, why not fill up the rum runners when you get to theirs?

I would but I plan on "bundle" packing and would like to put the rr in the middle. So I need to do it when I put the bags together.

Thanks everyone for the help! I love cc!!

I left 16 oz. of 12 yr. old scotch in my RR's for a month, it must of gone bad because I had a headache the next morning after consuming it.:D Bill

too funny!!! thanks for the laugh

Just reporting in....Gray Goose was just fine!!!!

good to know. got a bottle of GG in the freezer waiting for that rum runner

The RR people absolutely honor their waranty. Instead of throwing away those Run Runners, you should have e-mailed the company and gotten a replacement.

In tens of thousands of miles traveled I've never had an RR failure! I do put them in Zip-Loc bags but have never had an issue.

The RumRunner company has an incredibly high level of customer satisfaction. For good reason!

The RR people absolutely honor their waranty. Instead of throwing away those Run Runners, you should have e-mailed the company and gotten a replacement.

In tens of thousands of miles traveled I've never had an RR failure! I do put them in Zip-Loc bags but have never had an issue.

The RumRunner company has an incredibly high level of customer satisfaction. For good reason!

I realize that now, at the time, I honestly just didn't trust them and wouldn't have trusted any replacement that they sent me.

Go 4 it!:p

Steal entry 4 a bottle,h\\\, steal at least enough to pay for the cruise.!;)

Why stop there?:confused::p:D

Please put them in a liplock bag. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally pro-smuggling... but one of my rum runners sprung a leak across the top seam and I ended up spraying a dear friend in vodka. I threw the rest of them out, didn't trust them after that so please make sure they're bagged.

I often place my negative posts into a liplock bag, but it doesn't seem to work very well.

Archived