Price drop

Jaymee287

I just checked our rates and found a price drop too. We booked ES, are not at final payment date yet. There were only two choices on the ES form, Upgrade and OBC. Can't we just get the credit off our balance due? If so how?

This is our first cruise so we just thought you had to fill out the 110% form. But I called and talked to someone and they knocked 90 x 3 = 270 off of our balanced owed! That was before we had it all paid off.

I just checked our rates and found a price drop too. We booked ES, are not at final payment date yet. There were only two choices on the ES form, Upgrade and OBC. Can't we just get the credit off our balance due? If so how?

Up until final payment they take it off your balance. ALL rates they do this for, not just ES. Its only after final payment that you get OBC and it only applies to ES.

I dont think you are the only ones, lots of people dont seem to get the rules are the same for price drops, no matter which rate you have booked, up until final payment.

This is our first cruise so we just thought you had to fill out the 110% form. But I called and talked to someone and they knocked 90 x 3 = 270 off of our balanced owed! That was before we had it all paid off.

Up until final payment they take it off your balance. ALL rates they do this for, not just ES. Its only after final payment that you get OBC and it only applies to ES.

I dont think you are the only ones, lots of people dont seem to get the rules are the same for price drops, no matter which rate you have booked, up until final payment.

Thank you both. :) I'm a bit out of my element with Carnival and how they do things. So, should I call or submit the form for the price drop? If I use the form, there are only choices for upgrade or OBC, how do I request the credit off our balance owed?

Thank you both. :) I'm a bit out of my element with Carnival and how they do things. So, should I call or submit the form for the price drop? If I use the form, there are only choices for upgrade or OBC, how do I request the credit off our balance owed?

You dont request credit off your balance, its automatic, if you have not made final payment. If you booked ES, just can still fill out the form, if you booked another rate, just call whomever you booked with and they can adjust the price.

Its only ES that needs the form for price drops. Actually my PVP took care of everything, and she filled out the form on my behalf... but I could have done it, except I was leaving town.

Since you are before final payment, just check the OBC box and it it will come off of your balance due.

Ok, I'm confused. I booked EArly saver for my Sept cruise. I was given my room number all that. I'm in an 8D cabin. I got 709pp. Looking at Carnival today The 8d is 749pp with a free upgrade to an 8f. Also early saver rates no longer available. How can I tell if rates go down? Only second cruise, still learning.

Ok, I'm confused. I booked EArly saver for my Sept cruise. I was given my room number all that. I'm in an 8D cabin. I got 709pp. Looking at Carnival today The 8d is 749pp with a free upgrade to an 8f. Also early saver rates no longer available. How can I tell if rates go down? Only second cruise, still learning.

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates.

You can monitor Military Rates on any of the several on-line sites that display Military Rates; you cannot determine these rates on carnival.com, only by calling Carnival. You can view the current Military Rate s offered by Carnival at http://www.bookccl.com/salestools/FunFaxes/Special%20Programs/T1PM1.pdf .

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

· Use the blue QUICK SEARCH Box on Carnival.com to fill-in your cruise information (Month/year, Embarkation Port, Destination, Cruise Length). Select the "Special Rates" link and select your State of Residence and the promo rates (Past Guest, 55+) you're eligible for,. Click on the red SEARCH link.

· The next display will be the SEARCH RESULTS display for the cruises that fit your search criteria. Find your specific Cruise/Date and click on the green DETAILS link.

· The next display will be the RATES PAGE for your specific cruise. Verify that the “Number of Guests” and the “Dates” entries are correct. The FunSelect, FunSaver (and EarlySaver if still being offered) Rates are displayed first, then, 55+, Past Guest or (your state’s) Resident rates are displayed, IF they are currently being offered.

• On the RATES PAGE click on the underlined FARE for the CATEGORY (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) and the Rate (FunSelect, FunSaver, EarlySaver, 55+, PastGuest, Residency) that you’re booked.

• The next display will be the STATEROOM PAGE for the Category/Rate you clicked-on. Click on CATEGORY at the top of the display (or on the blue EDIT in the middle of the display).

• The next display will be the Listing of all the Stateroom Categories and their FARES for the Rate for your cruise and the Rate (FunSelect, FunSaver, EarlySaver, 55+, PastGuest, Residency) that you selected to check. The Booking Info, Fare Code, Govt Fees and taxes for the booking will be displayed in the right-border.

If your Category is listed as N/A, then you are out of luck for a Price Adjustment, unless more Cabins become available. However, if a Category above yours drops below your current ES Rate, you can upgrade to that Category and generally get OBC for the fare difference.

ken

I'm on the Elation out of Mobile August 23. I booked at $209 on March 20. Today it's $389!

I thought August 23 wouldn't be considered "summer."

I have two cruises booked this year on the Carnival Paradise (May and September) and both of them have gone up $100 or more! :eek: Guess they are selling out! :p No price drops for me :(

First time cruiser here... Just wanted to say thanks for talking about lower fares. I didn't even think to check back on carnival's site. I found a fare $300 cheaper thanks to you guys. Hopefully I'll be hearing some good news in the next few days (since I just filled out the claim form). Thanks again!!:D

Our TA called Carnival said no way to my request for a OBC for $100 pp credit - Inside GTY. I booked the cruise on 3/26 & less than 2 weeks the price dropped dramatically.

Any suggestions what to do? Also, how many shares CCL do you did to have to reced a OBC?

Our TA called Carnival said no way to my request for a OBC for $100 pp credit - Inside GTY. I booked the cruise on 3/26 & less than 2 weeks the price dropped dramatically.

Any suggestions what to do? Also, how many shares CCL do you did to have to reced a OBC?

You won't get the OBC with a guarantee just the Early Saver.

You need 100 shares to get the OBC

Did you book a inside guarantee?? Are you past final payment?? I know you did not book early saver, because they dont include guarantees, and you cant match downward. If you have a 4A you cant match to a inside guarantee, you can only move up to the OV guarantee, and match upward...

You need 100 shares of Carnival stock to get OBC.

If a category ABOVE yours matches what you paid, you can ask to be upgraded or pay the difference if its small, that might be a option?

Since you are before final payment, just check the OBC box and it it will come off of your balance due.

Thank You! I did as you said and that's exactly what happened. I just got the confirmation of our new balance due today.

I appreciate all the patience and help that the seasoned Carnival cruisers here have had while helping those of us that are new to Carnival.

Thank You! I did as you said and that's exactly what happened. I just got the confirmation of our new balance due today.

I appreciate all the patience and help that the seasoned Carnival cruisers here have had while helping those of us that are new to Carnival.

You are welcome, glad it worked out for you!!

I just booked a couple of weeks ago on a resident rate, a balcony guarantee (that had an OBC special with it); there was a large price drop, but since we received a crappy cabin assignment, rather than ask for OBC that I didn't think we'd get anyway, I asked if we could just keep the OBC special, and 'upgrade' and choose our cabin....it worked, and we now have an extended balcony that is not under the Lido buffet! I'm quite pleased!

What is going on with the selective price drops is that Carnival is a master of yield management. The guys with beards and Cheeto stains on their fingers know how to get the maximum number of folks aboard ships at the smallest discounts. Thus, these selective temporary rate changes. Airlines started this game, but nobody does it as well as Carnival Cruise Lines.

Doc:D

I just checked Carnival.com because I'm bored and I'm so glad I did! Last I checked it was $699.00 I think BUT today, it's $619.00!! WOOZERS! So I filled out the 110% form, and the email said I should hear something within 3 days! However, it said it goes by elligibility (spelling, I'm sure) so does that mean they only look for specifics?

Is it better to fill out the form, or to just call a carnival rep., and talk to them about it? Either way I sure hope they accept it!

Cross your fingers for us!

When I saw our price drop< I called immediately as I was interested in a better room for the price. Had booked cheapest balcony and ended up with the extended balcony, 2nd best and also $40 credit then orginal booking. If you would like an upgrade as opposed to money back call, they would rather do that than refund money.

Happy travels, we are going in 12 days, woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I just checked Carnival.com because I'm bored and I'm so glad I did! Last I checked it was $699.00 I think BUT today, it's $619.00!! WOOZERS! So I filled out the 110% form, and the email said I should hear something within 3 days! However, it said it goes by elligibility (spelling, I'm sure) so does that mean they only look for specifics?

Is it better to fill out the form, or to just call a carnival rep., and talk to them about it? Either way I sure hope they accept it!

Cross your fingers for us!

Thank you for this thread !!! I filled out the form 3 days ago and got an email this morning from Carnival giving me $330 OBC...

Archived