Love2sub Please Help With Alaunt Info

new york rose

Hi Im Amy From Ny I Have Left You A Few Posts Asking For Info About The Alaunt Boat.if Anyone Has Any Info. That Would Be Great! My Family Will Be Going On This Boat Feb.23.how Was The Food?was There A Good Drink Selection?can My Husband Fish?was It Worth The Money Or Has Anyone Any Info On Another Private Sail? Thanks Amy

Amy; Our family sailed to St. John on the Alaunt last February and it was the best excursion we did. The food was better than anything we enjoyed on our cruise, the kids raved over it. My wife has several food allergies and they handled them with aplomb. Good snorkel gear. A well stocked bar for drinks. Carol and Ron are great hosts as well. I'd suggest contacting them as far as fishing goes, we did not look into that. We are booked for April this year as well. Many fine choices but Alaunt suited us perfectly. Good luck. DaveM

Dave thanks the info. it sounds like well have a great time!the kids are getting pretty excited about the cruise.I see your from penn. do you have alot of snow? we have a few feet! GAMBLER_ i tried to book High Pockets but they were already full. Does anyone elese have any info on a good tour?

Hi New York Rose!

Sorry, I somehow missed your post. We had the greatest time on our sail with Ron and Carol. They are the sweetest two people. They had everything to drink I could have thought of to ask for. I started out with Mimosas and don't remember what the rest of my family had. They had Caribe beer which was really good. I just remember her giving me a thousand choices.

The food was great. Ron grills chicken on his yacht and it is seasoned with his own special rub. It is accompanied by beans and rice, caesar salad, and then he serves banana flambe. My kids are usually very picky eaters and they loved it all.

They were extremely accomodating - took us to three snorkeling sights and took the kids in the dinghy to Caneel Bay beach so they could play in the sand and surf (they don't really like snorkeling). They have great floats that you can use and they'll even tie them to the yacht so you can totally relax after snorkeling. They also had bean bag chairs on the yacht up on deck to relax in. Three of my crew feel asleep - I couldn't sleep because I didn't want to miss a minute of the beauty!

I definitely think it was worth it. It really was the best day of our cruise and we would do it again if we went back to St. Thomas.

I don't know about fishing but all you have to do is email Carol and she'll let you know. If you have any other questions, I'll be sure to keep checking back and answer to the best of my ability.

Lisa

Archived