Identification of Minors

I have two children, ages 6 and 4 going on a bahamas/florida cruise in May. The NCL website states that all passengers must show proof of citizenship (i.e birth certificate) and also provide a government ID such as a driver's license.

My kids don't have any photo ID's, just the birth certificate. Is this going to be a problem?

thanks, I'll have to check tonight to make sure the kids birth certificates are state certified, I am pretty sure they are.

Another related question, My wife's birth certificate has her maiden name on it and her driver's license has her current last name. Will this be a problem?

thanks, I'll have to check tonight to make sure the kids birth certificates are state certified, I am pretty sure they are.

Another related question, My wife's birth certificate has her maiden name on it and her driver's license has her current last name. Will this be a problem?

Bring a copy of your mariage license.

definitely bring a copy of the marriage license, this shouldn't be a problem. Make sure they birth certificates have the raised seal and consider getting passports for you all! They are the way to go if you're going to cruise/fly on a regular basis.

I have two children, ages 6 and 4 going on a bahamas/florida cruise in May. The NCL website states that all passengers must show proof of citizenship (i.e birth certificate) and also provide a government ID such as a driver's license.

My kids don't have any photo ID's, just the birth certificate. Is this going to be a problem?

Not sure what state you're from but FL has a state issued ID card that is used for anyone that needs a government issued ID but can't get a drivers license(age or license is revoked.) Maybe your state has something similar.

I know because I needed one for a trip I took in Jr. High for band.

I too have a question if you don't mind. At 18, what are the requirements?

MY husband and I have passports and our children, ages 4 and 11 have birth certificates. We are both listed as the parents on their birth certs, so thats not a problem.

My step daughter who will be 18 at the time of sailing, does not have a passport. Should we obtain one for her? Or will she be ok with just her birth certificate and her driver's licence. I'm assuming that being 18, it won't matter that she's not sailing with both her parents, right??

Ours is a 7 night sailing out of Miami, if that matters

definitely bring a copy of the marriage license, this shouldn't be a problem. Make sure they birth certificates have the raised seal and consider getting passports for you all! They are the way to go if you're going to cruise/fly on a regular basis.

Not all states are using birth certificates with raised seal so this is not necessarily the gold standard anymore. Many do have the raised seal but some states are issuing birth certificates that are similiar to drivers licenses with digital technology available...

If you are travelling without the father then you will need more.

What will I need if traveling without the father. I am going on the Sky cruise to nowhere with my daughter(she is 4) on Aril 17th.

Her father has not been around since she was 8 months old. I have been trying for months to get him to fill out and notarize the appropriate papers for a passport with no luck.

I plan on bringing her birthcertificate with raised seal and watermark bc. And also bringing court papers that designate me the residential parent. The NCL TA said that I would be fine. Now I am getting really paranoid!!!

Archived