Anyone purchase a bottle onboard?

Croooser

I posted these questions in the middle of another thread and it was probably OT for that thread.

I realize that you can preorder a bottle of your choice but I would like to hear from anyone who purchased once onboard the ship - i.e. looking for info from those who have purchased the $80 or $100 set up AFTER you boarded. For our upcoming cruise I would like to do this. Don't want to preorder because I have a substantial OBC that I would like to use for this and I believe that if I preorder, they will bill my credit card - correct?

Anyone have first hand experience?

Do they bring it to your cabin after ship sails or next day or?

Anyone find that supply was limited?

Do they add 15% if you purchase onboard?

I ordered a bottle after boarding and it arrived before we sailed (or very shortly after, but it was quick). I found the choices were almost, if not exactly what is shown on the website. I honestly don't recall if 15% was added, but I don't think it was.

Sailing in two weeks and have ordered $80 drink setup in room. I will post after we get back if no one else replies. ;)

He's looking for experiences of people that order after boarding.

Where is the bar set up-set up? There are limited hard surfaces (the vanity gets filled up pretty quickly with makeup, the dailies, water and ice etc) I heard that you get a small snack assortment (nuts etc) ice and mixers and of coarse glasses and the bottle. Does this all come on some sort of trolly or is it just placed on the vanity? For us it would take several days to consume an entire bottle and I can see the whole set up getting in the way very quickly?

Sorry, I missed that part! :o I wonder what kind of mixers we will get. That wasn't a choice.

Your Cabin Steward will ask you on your first day what kind of mixers you would like and will bring them to you. If you want to order a bar set-up onboard you just ask your Steward. The cost is exactly the same as ordering it on-line as BOTH already have the 15% included in the total charged. The amount of time it takes to have it delivered to your cabin can vary but if you tell the Steward when you need it by ,they will do their very best for you.

Archived