First night attire

cs

DH and I are wondering if the first night attire is more relaxed than the rest of the evenings in the MDR. We plan on dressing comfortable to travel to the port and we're not sure if we'll be underdressed for dinner.

I don't mean to come across as a smart a$$, but my first thought was, "what did you wear on the first night when you took your other six cruises?"

This just seems like a first-time cruiser question.

Enjoy!

I have seen people turned away for all the above mentioned items above, except for the hat with straw. However, on the first night, especially for early seating, many people will not have their luggage, but if you do, proper attire should be worn, and the slippers should remain in the room:rolleyes:

I haven't seen many turned away lately for any kind of attire, including the above.

Used to be? Definately. But now....rarely.

But as most on this board say..live and let live..who cares...wear what you like its' your cruise...

So....wear whatever pleases you.

Actually, it's the other way around. Less than 5%, onboard ship, defy RCI's dress code. Here, on CC, is where we find more people who claim RCI has no dress code. I wonder if, on any given cruise, that 5% is made up of CC posters?

Hmmmm? Where exactly did you come up with 5%? A census, MDR exit poll, etc...? Was this special study published/unpublished? Just wondering since you sound so sincere and seem to know EXACTLY the percentage of "dress code" violations on ALL RCI ships?:rolleyes:

I don't mean to come across as a smart a$$, but my first thought was, "what did you wear on the first night when you took your other six cruises?"

This just seems like a first-time cruiser question.

Enjoy!

No offense taken. We've never done the MDR on the first night so technically we are first-timers to that. :)

For the 1st night on board, we wear something decent so that we CAN look presentable in the MDR for dinner! Once we've unpacked, we dress appropriately and according to the dress code. Makes you feel like you ARE on a cruise!!!

Safe sails :-)

don't worry about it at all. wear whatever is comfortable. your luggage might not even make it in time for dinner. no one cares what you wear anyway

From what I have been reading on this board, people get more upset about what you wear in the MDR then they do on what you wear to church. :(

Makes no sense to me :confused:

I figure this is my vacation; if I am more comfortable wearing blue jeans to dinner, I will wear blue jeans. If I am more comfortable wearing a suit, I will wear a suit. In either case, I will be clean, my clothes will be clean and I will have put my deodorant on. :D

From what I have been reading on this board, people get more upset about what you wear in the MDR then they do on what you wear to church. :(

I figure this is my vacation; if I am more comfortable wearing blue jeans to dinner, I will wear blue jeans. If I am more comfortable wearing a suit, I will wear a suit. In either case, I will be clean, my clothes will be clean and I will have put my deodorant on. :D

You Go GoGator!!!:cool:

Don't worry about the first night or any night after that.

RCI really doesn't enforce the dress code.

We've seen it all every night..even on "formal" night. We;ve seen shorts..wife beater shirts..t-shirts with questionable wording on them..ripped jeans..slippers..pajamas...robes..hats of various types, including one with the cup on top and the hose that the wearer can put in their mouth and drink from...you name it.

The MDR want their tips and certainly don't want to make anyone angry by denying them entrance to the MDR.

So wear whatever you like any night you like.

You will fit in.

Not on the first night, but I have seen men in shorts ask to go change.

If neither God nor the Maitre d' care, why should we? :p

Don't you love all the "experts" on these boards that frequently quote per cents as if they are a known accredited sampling agency or better yet did a complete census of pax reporting to the MDR for dinner on all the cruises? :rolleyes:

Here in the US and perhaps the rest of the world dress is becoming more informal. Witness the number of casual Fridays now allowed by business, the number of pax dressing up for airline flights, etc. Is it no wonder than that cruise line pax are dressing down particularly in the Caribbean where the lifestyle is casual anyway.

Archived