Drury Inn New Orleans

truchattycathy

I would love to stay at the Drury Inn in New Orleans. Does anyone have any idea how to get a great price? The best deal I got so far is $179 for one night with two beds in the room. Parking is a one time fee of $30 to park for the duration of my cruise. If I deduct the price for parking at the terminal, it makes it an ok deal, but I would still like a cheaper deal on the hotel.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can't find Drury on priceline or hotwire or any discount sites so far.

I am use to sailing out of Galveston where parking and hotels are cheap.

We are on a seven day cruise out of NOLA on Sat. Oct. 23. I wanted to go to NOLA a day early and stay Friday night.

J:DY

I called the hotel directly and asked about any special cruise pricing. We will be flying in so the car charge does not apply. Anyway, we got a great deal for our Jan. 2011 cruise for 2 nights the price is 109.00 per night. Phone #..504-529-7800 The gentleman that took my reservation was really nice and helpful in answering my questions. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

We stayed there and the parking charge is new. If I had booked the hotel when we booked the cruise, there was no charge, wished I had later.

There were posts that you could get the online rate and combine it with the parking deal, but I found out later you could not and had to get the hotel to redo the rate and get me the parking cruise deal which cant be combined with the lower rates you see online.

I dont think you can get a deal if you also want the parking ... just my opinion. I never found a way, though I didnt pay that much .. but only because I changed my cruise date. The first date I would have stayed there on a friday night, and it was about that, so I changed to stay there during a weekday when it was cheaper.

I think you are stuck with whatever the rate is they told you. Keep watching though, it could go down closer to the cruise date. We did love the hotel. They now have food with the happy hour.

I called the hotel directly and asked about any special cruise pricing. We will be flying in so the car charge does not apply. Anyway, we got a great deal for our Jan. 2011 cruise for 2 nights the price is 109.00 per night. Phone #..504-529-7800 The gentleman that took my reservation was really nice and helpful in answering my questions. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Thanks I called direct and she transferred me to reservations. I will try again.

We stayed there and the parking charge is new. If I had booked the hotel when we booked the cruise, there was no charge, wished I had later.

There were posts that you could get the online rate and combine it with the parking deal, but I found out later you could not and had to get the hotel to redo the rate and get me the parking cruise deal which cant be combined with the lower rates you see online.

I dont think you can get a deal if you also want the parking ... just my opinion. I never found a way, though I didnt pay that much .. but only because I changed my cruise date. The first date I would have stayed there on a friday night, and it was about that, so I changed to stay there during a weekday when it was cheaper.

I think you are stuck with whatever the rate is they told you. Keep watching though, it could go down closer to the cruise date. We did love the hotel. They now have food with the happy hour.

The lady in reservations did give me a discount and let me use the free parking code, but I am still going to keep looking. While I really want to stay there, it will not matter because I am really going to NOLA to cruise!!!!

Thanks everyone!!

I also went to www.neworleanscvb.com and put in info in the area that I wanted to stay in. It brings up every possible place as well as restaurants. It has an interactive map that shows you what is in the area...really cool!

If you don't get the Drury Inn there are tons of hotels in the same area. I, like you, really want to stay at the Drury since it comes so highly recommended from our friends here at CC. But, there are many other places as well. We are going in 2 days early to sight see and since this is our first time to NOLA wanted something centrally located to the French Quarter and the cruise terminal.

• 2 weeks later...
The lady in reservations did give me a discount and let me use the free parking code, but I am still going to keep looking. While I really want to stay there, it will not matter because I am really going to NOLA to cruise!!!!

Thanks everyone!!

Joy, you're SUPPOSED to share all of these coupon codes and cheap deals with me! ;) Soooo....what's that free parking code, and what was the price she gave you?

You may have already gotten a reservation somewhere, but when I pull up your date on DruryHotels.com this morning, I found 109.99 for one room with 2 double beds for Oct 22. I did notice that when I was booking this hotel for our cruise, the price changed a bit. I kept watching it and got a great deal. Maybe this is the case for you as well.

Good luck with your hotel choice and have a FABULOUS cruise!

Drury Inn is THE place to stay! Have the front desk call a taxi for you in the a.m. $7 pp each way. Less than 10 minute ride to the terminal.

I wondered how they came up with $14 for such a short taxi ride.

I copped out, I LOVED the Drury, but the price was just so high, Im not paying $200 to stay there one night. Service at the Drury was really nice, everyone was helpfull and nice, and the rooms!!! beautiful.

I booked a last minute Triumph for May 8th and copped out and booked the Holiday Inn downtown location. No breakfast and for sure no happy hour with food. Drat. .. but their price is better.

Drury we walked to Mothers for late lunch/dinner, I walked all thru the French Qtr from the hotel etc. I have no idea how far stuff is from the Holiday Inn, havent even had a chance to look at the map, Drury was just too high.

You may have already gotten a reservation somewhere, but when I pull up your date on DruryHotels.com this morning, I found 109.99 for one room with 2 double beds for Oct 22. I did notice that when I was booking this hotel for our cruise, the price changed a bit. I kept watching it and got a great deal. Maybe this is the case for you as well.

Good luck with your hotel choice and have a FABULOUS cruise!

Be sure you are not looking at online rates, you need the NOLA cruise rates. I did that and she changed me over to a online rate when the price dropped and told me I could combine the rates .. turned out she was wrong, and they had to change me back over to the NOLA cruise rate for the Drury when I stayed there. (the NOLA cruise rate was higher by $20 or $30 over the online rate for my date :( )

Archived