Dream or Liberty? First time Carnival Cruiser!

Hey this is my first time on the boards although I have been hovering on them forever. Which one should we do for Nov 2011 Thanksgiving.

We have 4 teens who love adventure, water slides, etc. and would want the best teen clubs. We checked the prices and Dream would be 800 more than the Liberty total so (I mean with the 2 inside rooms on Liberty would be x price and the dream would be x plus 800).

Is the dream better for the price increase?

thanks in advance!:p

I've been on both. You will like either one of them. The Dream is nice and it's new. I liked the Liberty layout and it is a smaller ship. I would save the money the extra money that you would have paid for the Dream save it for excursions on the Liberty

I've been on both the Freedom and the Glory which are sister ships to the Liberty and I was just off the Dream as of this past Saturday.

I like the Dream better than the Conquest class ships and think they are far better laid out. I really do not like the pool layout on the Conquest ships and think the Dream has done really cool things with extra space.

There is a lot to do on both, but I think the Dream is better laid out. My teenage son was happy on either but he thought the Dream, maybe because it has so much more room, was a better ship. He actually enjoyed the teen clubs on the Dream better as well.

That being said we're going small to the Legend this Christmas--I love the Spirit Class layouts). You really can't go wrong. If the $800 is going to mean you can't do excursions or other things you might like, the Liberty is a great choice.

Out of the two, I would take the liberty. We did Dream last month. Wasn't my favorite ship. We still love the Freedom. That is our favorite out of everything. I think the dream being bigger has the same amount of help as the smaller ones. We never had to wait as long as this cruise as in the dining room. It wasn't that the waiters didn't move. They did. They seem to have a lot less of them. I am not a first timer. We have done 9 alone on Carnival. Was not 1 of my favorite cruises. They messed up my meals three times. I have to have GF. Never had that happen in my last 3 cruises. In my opinion, it needs a lot of improvement. When you tell someone, they just blew it off. The customer service has gone down the hill!

Archived