Carnival Freedom + Wrap around balcony

RBenson

Anyone ever stay in one of the rooms with a wrap around balcony? If so, thoughts?

We stayed in 8448. I wouldn't suggest it, unless you are prepared to pay the extra $$$ required to be in an aft wrap for every other cruise you will ever take.

The balconies are amazing. We loved the 8th floor because it does have one of the longest balconies, but I don't think you can go wrong with any floor.

Enjoy!

We stayed in 8448. I wouldn't suggest it, unless you are prepared to pay the extra $$$ required to be in an aft wrap for every other cruise you will ever take.

The balconies are amazing. We loved the 8th floor because it does have one of the longest balconies, but I don't think you can go wrong with any floor.

Enjoy!

EXCELLENT point...:D LOL!!

Although we have never been on the Freedom - I too would highly recommend the aft extended and especially aft wrap cabins. But I agree with dalsti......just a word of warning - once you do it.....you will never want to go back to a regular balcony :eek:.

The views are unbelievable and balconies are HUGE. It is also nice an quiet back there - because no one goes that far back unless they have a cabin so there is very little "hall noise".

Yep....we're hooked ;)!!

My vote goes to the deck 6 aft corners. We have stayed in them 5 times out of 7 sailings on the Glory and Freedom. Those two corners are the ONLY ones we would stay in on Conquest class ships. We also tried a standard (side) cat 8, and a "GS" (cat 12).

Tom

I posted pictures of our cabin on the Freedom (7445) along with pics of the balcony in another the post the other day and I agree with previous posters - once you do it, you will never want any other kind of room!

We just booked port side aft wrap around balcony. it was the last one they had! :D

You will LUV it.. was gonna post blah blah blah.. but everyone beat me to it:p We had 7440 on the Freedom and luved it.. will be going in a few short days on the Splendor in our 7th aft wrap out of 9 cruises:D

• 3 years later...
My vote goes to the deck 6 aft corners. We have stayed in them 5 times out of 7 sailings on the Glory and Freedom. Those two corners are the ONLY ones we would stay in on Conquest class ships. We also tried a standard (side) cat 8, and a "GS" (cat 12).

Tom

I agree Tom, deck 6 is the best.Your balcony is mostly in the back deck 7 and 8 has more of the balcony on the side of the ship. I am doing this deck (6) aft corner balcony on the Liberty Nov, 2013. I see a friend of yours is going on the same cruise Jerrymac.

I agree Tom, deck 6 is the best.Your balcony is mostly in the back deck 7 and 8 has more of the balcony on the side of the ship. I am doing this deck (6) aft corner balcony on the Liberty Nov, 2013. I see a friend of yours is going on the same cruise Jerrymac.

We've sailed with Jerrymac a couple of times. Say HI for us, and have a GREAT time!!

Tom

• 3 months later...

Thank you to those who posted pics of 6452 on Freedom. We just booked to sail on May 3, 2014! So excited about the extra space. Some others in our group booked inside cabins so I have a feeling we will be the hang out cabin/balcony.:o

I just wish they could figure out how to fit 3 in one (we have a young'un).

Maybe different ships/decks have these wrap cabins that can accommodate 3, I will have do more research I guess.

Our cabin accommodates 3 on the Freedom. We booked with our 12 year old son. Cabin #6452.