AARP Discount on NCL 5%

goldearrings

Just saw this....

AARP members will receive a 5% discount on all NCL cruises booked at least 9 months prior to sailing date - no matter where they choose to cruise. And, between April 1 and April 30, if they book a close in sailing to Bermuda, Canada & New England, Western Mediterranean or the Bahamas from New York, they will receive a $50 on-board credit and 50% reduced deposit. AARP members must provide proof of membership at time of booking. Visit www.ncl.com/aarp to learn more

Hi,

Thank you so much for posting this information. I have a studio cabin booked on NCL Epic for January 15, 2011 (sailing solo) and when I emailed NCL Promo Dept. they gave me the 5% discount. So I saved a few dollars.

Thanks again.:D

• 11 months later...
Just saw this....

AARP members will receive a 5% discount on all NCL cruises booked at least 9 months prior to sailing date - no matter where they choose to cruise. And, between April 1 and April 30, if they book a close in sailing to Bermuda, Canada & New England, Western Mediterranean or the Bahamas from New York, they will receive a $50 on-board credit and 50% reduced deposit. AARP members must provide proof of membership at time of booking. Visit www.ncl.com/aarp to learn more

thanks for info....

• 4 weeks later...
Just turned 50 today & recieved an application for an AARP card last week. Do the other lines offer discounts for cardmembers?

They have some discounts. I would just compare their discounts to others to see what makes the most sense.

Keith

• 3 months later...

I called my NCL travel agent and was told that this 5% AARP discount was only through cruiseonly.com..

and, if I used the 5% AARP discount, I would lose my $50 OBC...

and if I could get a better deal than I already have, my NCL TA will transfer my reservation to cruiseonly.com..

and that some of the NCL discounts are contingent on capacity, or some such terminology, meaning how full the ship is.

So, I'll keep looking at anything else that comes up, but he also said that once I have paid the final amount there are no more deals.:(

• 3 weeks later...

"I called my NCL travel agent and was told that this 5% AARP discount was only through cruiseonly.com."

I believe that is bad info. Refer to aarp.com/ncl. Who you book with is irrelevant. Promo Code PGAARP. The sneaky thing about discounts is that they don't all work together. Just take the largest one. :)

• 1 month later...
"I called my NCL travel agent and was told that this 5% AARP discount was only through cruiseonly.com."

I believe that is bad info. Refer to aarp.com/ncl. Who you book with is irrelevant. Promo Code PGAARP. The sneaky thing about discounts is that they don't all work together. Just take the largest one. :)

not true....my TA got us the AARP discount thru NCL...........plus we have $50 OBC.......this is for cruise Nov 2012...

Here is info from my TA concerning AARP discounts:

The AARP discount is at the discretion of NCL. If the sailing starts to fill, they will CLOSE the discount rate. It is capacity controlled. It is not automatic, and if the AARP number is invalid or expired, the NCL computer system will automatically re-price the reservation. Their computer system is tied to AARP.

If they would like the best of both worlds: They need to book NOW to get both the AARP and the $50 shipboard credit, and… the AARP membership needs to be up to date, and remain up to date until sailing.

Archived