Favorite Dining Room on the Diamond???

Momma Mojito

We will be sailing on our first Alaskian cruise on the Diamond in May.. Don't plan on going to the speciality restaurants and was wondering if any of you favor one dining room over the other. Last year was the first time we did anytime dining and really enjoyed not having to rush around getting ready to be there by a certain time. We had a variety of tablemates and enjoyed them all. The very first night by coincidence another couple that was at our table was someone I had chatted with on our rollcall. We will probably always have anytime dining because it worked great for us. Thanks

Why did you like the Savoy? Are the menus any different in the different dining rooms?

I am also going on the Diamond in May. We might be interested in the specialty rooms so I would interested in reviews of them as well.

Why did you like the Savoy? Are the menus any different in the different dining rooms?

I am also going on the Diamond in May. We might be interested in the specialty rooms so I would interested in reviews of them as well.

Each anytime dining room has a specialty that they serve nightly. It is not on the menu. When we were on the Diamond 2 years ago we were told by our server that we may ask for either specialty from the 2 anytime dining rooms and they would serve it to us. One had a Japanese stir fry type meal and the other a Mexican theme including chips, salsa and guacamole.

The Savoy has been our favourite restaurant on both the Diamond and the Sapphire. Menus are the same throughout the ships besides the one special dish that each reataurants makes.

But for us, the Savoy has that cozy more intimate slightly finer dining restaurant vibe something you experience in a larger city.

It might just be us but so far we have always received the best service in the Savoy's in our of all cruises where we have done ATD.

I was on the Diamond twice, the last time was two years ago for a Hawaii cruise. Our party of four liked the Savoy best, too. Even though we were Any Time Dining, we usually dined late that cruise, around 8pm. A section of it was designated as an overflow for late traditional dining and not many showed up (not a ding to anyone). This made for a non-rushed, gracious atmosphere. Then, there was our waiter, Cicero-- he was THE BEST we have ever had.

All the dining rooms serve the exact same menu. I thought there might be the exception of one signature item, but I just perused all the menu pics my husband took, and I can't find a mention of that. My advice is to try them all. Find one that suits you; you won't be disappointed. The Diamond is a great ship, enjoy your cruise.

I would agree that the Savoy is our favorite as well. It really has nothing to do with the menu as they are the same in all the dining venues with the exception of the specialty dish. The Savoy just has a very upscale, intimate feel that makes the dining experience special. We also enjoy the Santa Fe and Pacific Moon, but the Savoy has the best ambiance in our opinion.

I loved the Diamond and my favorite was also the Savoy. On our 16 day cruise, I think we went there the most. I love their signature pork chops. The Pacific Moon staff and restaurant was my least favorite. Enjoy the Diamond...

Another vote for the Savoy - but my favorite specialty dish is the osso bucco from the Vivaldi. They'll happily serve it in the polished-metal-and-wood ambiance of the Savoy. I'm especially fond of the two-tops along the banquette on the port side, aft of the bulkhead.

Archived